No announcement yet.

GS1327 Bigbore project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$hit.....I assume that since you're posting about out it that (I hope) you're ok. Let us know.....
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Samsonite View Post
      Bike went down friday night.

Anyone want parts?

I cant afford to rebuild right now. Frame is bent badly. Engine still turns over.
      After all of that work? I can find a frame. Most importantly, how are you?

Comment

Yeah I am fine. I appreciate the concern fella's. Left knee is pretty weak, feels like something let go. Other than that a few scratches.

Riding some tight canyon roads, hit something in a corner (which turned out to be a 1 1/8" impact socket) threw me off enough that i lost control, hit brakes, crossed lanes and made contact with an oncoming fed-ex van. Van hit on right side of engine (Pickup coil cover) Next thing i know i was in the air and landed about 8 feet away in the shoulder.

I was blessed to walk away. The fed ex driver was nice enough to give me and the bike a lift back home.

Anyway. Yes i can source parts to rebuild, i just don't think ill have the time or money for a while. Proposed to the girl yesterday. Getting on one knee was hard enough!

Comment

Yikes....all things considered, I'd say youre a lucky guy. Congrats on the proposal. Im glad you're (relatively) ok. Good luck. That 1100 was a beautiful ride. If you choose to move on, hopefully it will help other bikes live......
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Glad to hear you are OK. Sounds like a close one. Huge bummer about the bike.

BUT... just a bit of an idea here... I have an '83 GS 1100E that I'm parting out since my ES is now back alive (sort of - see my project post). I have a titled frame. Have the complete front end as well. Could make you a hec of a deal. I have it posted on the Portland, OR Craigslist. Just think it would be sad to see your bike parted out.

Comment

Don't do anything drastic... Frames are cheap. And you can do the labor yourself... Take a week to heal and lets see if we can figure out a plan that does not eat cash...There are lots of good hearted people on this site. maybe even some that live in Colorado!
              Curt
              sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
                Don't do anything drastic... Frames are cheap. And you can do the labor yourself... Take a week to heal and lets see if we can figure out a plan that does not eat cash...There are lots of good hearted people on this site. maybe even some that live in Colorado!
                Curt

I have access to a complete low mile 82' for cheap. There are a lot of great guys here i know would be willing to help. BUT, i think i may need to slow down for a while. Main reason being i will have a wife that is just learning to ride and needs a partner to take time with her and not get into a bunch of trouble with a speed demon of a bike. Maybe a little more tame modern bike that i wont have to be wrenching on all the time would be better for me at this point.

Also on the verge of losing my license anyway from prior tickets adding up. I received a careless driving for this incident.

I know it seems drastic to just sell it off but the thing took all my spare time BEFORE the frame was twisted, cases were broken, etc etc. I've only been able to ride it a handful of times, most time spent fixing it.

Comment

... I know it seems drastic to just sell it off but the thing took all my spare time BEFORE the frame was twisted, cases were broken, etc etc. I've only been able to ride it a handful of times, most time spent fixing it.
                  I know that feeling. I have a garage full of projects and hardly get to ride at all. Always seems to be something needing fixing that keeps me from riding. My wife thinks it's an addiction.

Comment

Hope you feel 100% soon.

I'm in mourning for the beast.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

82 GS1100 frame for $250 with Florida title not mine. I don't have many GS1100 parts left but PM me with what you might need and if I have it you can have it just pay the shipping

Last edited by stetracer; 08-28-2014, 09:11 PM.
                      My stable
                      84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
                      85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
                      88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
                      98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
                      90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
                      06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
                      00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

Im back in business

Traded a pistol for a CX500 that i fixed up quick and flipped. Bought back the 82' 10,XXX mile GS11 that was the sister to mine. Rough shape for 10K miles but runs great after throwing on my RS38's.

The Re- Rebuild begins!

Comment

I'm back in business

The Re- Rebuild begins!
                          I, for one, am glad to hear it.

I mean, big bore, wide-open pipe, you are my kind of guy!

Anxiously awaiting details about your plans, but......pictures - we must have them. WE MUST!

And the more modified she gets, the more pictures we require.
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Swapped over some parts to the new GS. Doesn't look half bad. Wheels are filthy though. Definitely runs sweet! Idles better than the 1170?

I'm looking for some newer GSXR suspension and wheels to swap over. After the crash, I KNOW i need better brakes.

Heres some PICS!

Subframe

Where the van hit. Also broke front mounts.

Engine shifted 2-3 inches left

New bike with the champagne body work

Comment

Thanks for the "fix".

Comment

Wow, that bike took a hit! Glad to see the GS salvage plan in play.
                                By the way, whats the 4 wheeled project with the wide whites on chrome steelies?
                                sigpic

Glen
                                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X