No announcement yet.

GS1327 Bigbore project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machine down the rear sprocket carrier where the sprocket mounts, and, if you have a JT sprocket, you can flip it over as one surface will move the sprocket in. Not sure about other sprocket manufacturers.
    1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
    1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

That is what im going to do as well as try to move the shock outward as much as possible.

Sunstar sprocket.... flat on both sides

Comment

If the rim you're using has 6 cush drive rubbers, you can use the factory sprocket carrier which is about a quarter-inch narrower than the gsxr carrier. Also, at the risk of slightly off-centering the wheel, drop in a washer between the swingarm and the sprocket carrier. I'm on my 3rd gsxr conversion with the factory swingarms and enough clearance is tricky to find. As to the rear caliper bracket try 1990-ish katana 1100 or 91-93 gsx1100g. Both are top mount setups with brake stays; you'll have to fab a stay to get around the size of the new tire. Nice work on the bike!
        81 GS1100e
        83 GS1100e
        67 Norton P11(someday soon I'm gonna kick it alive and ride it!)
        A couple of KZ400's
        Be Here Now Until You're There Then

Comment

Thanks for the tips!

I am using a GS sprocket carrier. Going to cut it down 2-3mm for chain to clear shock.

Good to know about the caliper bracket.

Comment

3mm taken off hub using a lathe brought over on the mayflower.

Comment

Mmmm, my father has the other lathe that was on the Mayflower. Looks similar actually. Old South Bend.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Lost my account info.....

But im still picking away
                Attached Files

Comment

Good to see you are still at it.
                  What is left?
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

The list!

Registration
                    Battery
                    Headlight mounts
                    Less ugly front fender
                    Misc brackets/mid fender/brake spring that were trashed/sold with other gs parts
                    Gauges
                    Bodywork repair/paint

And whatever other issues arise.

I ended up making a brake hanger, as i could not find one that was the proper height/spacing. Will get some photos of that.

Comment

Didn't you have, a few years ago, a big bore, loud beast in '82 silver ("champagne")? I loved that bike.

And I certainly like what your cooking up now!

Top end oiler, right?

What about muffler/baffle?
                      Last edited by Rob S.; 06-19-2019, 11:41 PM.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                        Didn't you have, a few years ago, a big bore, loud beast in '82 silver ("champagne")? I loved that bike.

And I certainly like what your cooking up now!

Top end oiler, right?

What about muffler/baffle?

How ya been Rob?

Yeah, so here is the rundown -

The 1170(that i was led to believe was a 1327) got hit and and pretty much totaled.

I then picked up another 82 1100e, which I transferred the Champagne bodywork to, and shortly after sold that bike before moving from CO to MN.

I had the 1170 engine in a 78 1000 chassis for a short bit, never really amounted to anything. Pulled the motor out and Sold the 78 1000. Kept the gsxr suspension/wheels that were on it.

Couple years back started rebuilding the 1170. Jim(posplayr) gifted me the titled frame from his bike. Which i much appreciate btw!

So as i find time i keep on tinkering. Same engine/carbs/ignition/pipe that were in the original “bigbore”.

As for a baffle...... ��

Comment

Here is the Hanger -
                          Attached Files

Comment

It lives

Attached Files

Comment

Boy does she run at low altitude!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Remember to obey all speed limits. We must set a good example for the younger generation!
                                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                                X