GS1327 Bigbore project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    Remember to obey all speed limits. We must set a good example for the younger generation!
    Ill try Rob.....

At least it handles now. And stops.

I did stick a baffle in it, still has a nice bark.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Samsonight View Post
      I did stick a baffle in it, still has a nice bark.
      I don't care how big or fast they are, today's liquid cooled bikes just don't have that same "bark."

Of course, I used to show a little courtesy to the neighbors...idle away down the block, then coast home with the engine off.
      Last edited by Rob S.; 06-28-2019, 11:37 AM.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        I don't care how big or fast they are, today's liquid cooled bikes just don't have that same "bark."

Of course, I used to show a little courtesy to the neighbors...idle away down the block, then coast home with the engine off.
        They dont call them muscle bikes for nothing!

Its coming together. Torn between Champagne and gunmetal for paint.

Dont like how the gsxr front fender looks on these, need to find one that blends with the older GS styling.
        Attached Files

Comment

I love this project and how it’s risen from the ashes of the original bike that was crashed.
          Personally my favorite color for these is the 83 red of 82 maroon.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            I love this project and how it’s risen from the ashes of the original bike that was crashed.
            Personally my favorite color for these is the 83 red of 82 maroon.

Thanks Glen. Its been good to revive it.

It was a bit daunting to take it up the road for the first time in years. I haven't been on a road bike for quite a while, and this motor isn't exactly tame. Still has that drag bike attitude- an angry, unruly engine and massive clutch pull.

I was dreaming of a ZRX for a while but if i can mellow this out a little i think it'll make a good everyday rider.

Would probably keep the red but the tanks paint is severely chipped up and cracking.

Champagne is a bit sentimental

Comment

I believe i figured out the fender....
              Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Hopefully that works better. Like many i got screwed by photobucket

Comment

Couldn’t justify those sweet LSL headlight mounts so i made my own from some scrap.

Comment

All they need is a coat of paint.

Comment

Stainless hardware and some gloss black

Comment

Looks good.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I'm dying to hear the sound!
                            Last edited by Rob S.; 07-11-2019, 05:09 PM.
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Thanks Glen!

ill try to get a fly-by this weekend

I ground the end of the set screws flat, and used a steel shim under them to keep from digging into the fork. I had considered using two or more screws but they are surprisingly solid. The choppy machining marks from that ancient lathe make for good grippage!

I am going to drill and tap the tangs on the lower fork tree for some bolts-where they come in contact with the steering neck.

Comment

Well were having baby #2 but i did sneak in a little fly by. Nothing special.

Comment

Working...
                                X