• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samsonite View Post
    Hopefully burning it off this weekend
    Pictures please
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Yeah maybe a video to

Comment

Originally posted by harley10 View Post
        Yeah maybe a video to
        Ill try! Gotta find a good spot i don't think my neighbors are very motorcycle friendly. Surely not 4-1 megaphone burnout friendly.

Picked up a master link and Checked up on my seat, should be done by end of the week. It is looking sweet.

Comment

Got my seat! Two day turn-around, for $225. I like it. Feels like your in the cockpit!!

Last edited by Guest; 01-09-2014, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Love it

Love that bike, Samsonite. I have a red '82 with a megaphone that some say needs repacking. I'm thinking about going in the opposite direction.

I had a '73 Z1 with a 4-into-1 pipe. Outside a bar where this girl hung out, I blew the baffle out onto the road (women!). I retrieved the baffle (two perforated plates connected by a pipe), but never re-installed it. I became one of those loud guys, though I was respectful of my immediate neighbors.

Bare with me: what is that tube coming out just below the front cams and going around back? Got to be some sort of oil line, right?

PLEASE preserve those side covers and the tank. They're worth so much.

What do you estimate your 1/4 mile, top speed, hp and torque numbers are?

Air-cooled superbikes of the '70's and early '80's ROCK!
            Last edited by Rob S.; 01-10-2014, 12:44 AM.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

me likes....looks good!
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                Love that bike, Samsonite. I have a red '82 with a megaphone that some say needs repacking. I'm thinking about going in the opposite direction.

I had a '73 Z1 with a 4-into-1 pipe. Outside a bar where this girl hung out, I blew the baffle out onto the road (women!). I retrieved the baffle (two perforated plates connected by a pipe), but never re-installed it. I became one of those loud guys, though I was respectful of my immediate neighbors.

Bare with me: what is that tube coming out just below the front cams and going around back? Got to be some sort of oil line, right?

PLEASE preserve those side covers and the tank. They're worth so much.

What do you estimate your 1/4 mile, top speed, hp and torque numbers are?

Air-cooled superbikes of the '70's and early '80's ROCK!

Thanks Rob. Ill definitely be keeping the cosmetics in nice shape. That tube is an exhaust cam oiler. Before they came out with the intake/exhaust cam setup.

COuldn't give you absolutely accurate info but prev owner told me he was running 6.7's in the 1/8th @120, with a 285lb rider. HP has got to be somewhere between 140-170 depending on cams.

Comment

Seat looks really good,fits like a glove lol

Comment

Well i didn't have anyone to get a burnout shot today but i did get a ride in!! I am very impressed with the power of this engine. I bet it runs right with my ZX9. I did have a problem with i believe 3rd gear popping out, not really under acceleration but more-so getting on and off the throttle.

Comment

Shouldn't the 1327 be a big block, or can a stock block be bored that big? I may be wrong, but that looks like a stock block to me.

Comment

Stock block with oversized sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by Samsonite View Post
                          Stock block with oversized sleeves.
                          I see another problem; that back tire is very slick

Nice bike, I can only imagine the power.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                            I see another problem; that back tire is very slick

Nice bike, I can only imagine the power.
                            Bike was a hoot the couple passes i made up the road. Deafening loud and pulling every gear very hard. Not much traction in first few clicks

Comment

going off of memory the slick should be around 12 psi give or take..

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                                going off of memory the slick should be around 12 psi give or take..
                                Good to know. It's dry rotted so once i find a good place to do it, its going to be melted off and replaced with a street tire.

Comment

Working...
                                X