No announcement yet.

GS1327 Bigbore project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up these SW Street strokers. Shocks are trashed but the springs are usable.

Also started cutting up the sprocket cover

Comment

Originally posted by Samsonite View Post
      Good to know. It's dry rotted so once i find a good place to do it, its going to be melted off and replaced with a street tire.
      Eisenhower Tunnel?

Comment

Originally posted by wedoo2 View Post
        Eisenhower Tunnel?

It would be a screaming 4 cylinder opera!!

Made a baffle out of an old honda piece and the bottom of my stanley thermos. Fit perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Samsonite View Post
          It would be a screaming 4 cylinder opera!!

Made a baffle out of an old honda piece and the bottom of my stanley thermos. Fit perfect.

Now that is using your head! Who ever would have thought of a thermos bottle besides you? Good on ya!

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
            Now that is using your head! Who ever would have thought of a thermos bottle besides you? Good on ya!
            I had went to the auto parts store to try to find suitable piping. They didn't have any that big. Hopped in my truck and looked over to the thermos in the passenger seat and had an epiphany!

It sounds great.

Comment

Rigged up some shocks. Cut the clevis off of the junk SW's i had, welded them onto the progressive eyelits. The progressives were off of a 550 but they are STIFF! Not sure if i like the tall stance. Thoughts??

This engine RUNS!! The top end power is incredible. Snapped the speedo cable getting on the throttle real hard...... Rode up to the cycle yard and picked up a Derale cooler for $25. Have to get some fittings together.

Also getting a rattle from the clutch at idle. Anything over 1500 rpm the engine is smooth and quiet. Clutch basket issues?

Comment

i like the stance, and your back may like the shocks.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

It looks good , probably even better when you get a nicer tire on it as we'll ,Brian

Comment

After riding some, i've found that this baby needs some more lovin!!

Valve shims
                    Fork rebuild
                    Headgasket
                    Tires(obviously)
                    High comp 1327 pistons Anyone???

Comment

valve shims???????
                      what you talkin bout willis?????

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                        valve shims???????
                        what you talkin bout willis?????
                        Excuse me

Valve adjustment.

Used to doing shims in my ZX9 and CRF

Comment

Looks like I have Vance & Hines cams in it. Stamped 12042. Anyone know the grind?

Comment

I believe 042 cams have .345" lift and 246 duration @.050" lift. Dar

Comment

Thank you.

Anyone know the spec for clutch hub end play? I think i have my rattle figured out.

Edit*

I brought the inner spacer (inside the hub) down about .015" and the noise did get better. But it is still there when idle is dropped to right around 900 RPM. Ill just deal with it for now. Seems to be that when i bring the idle up to ~1100 RPM that it likes to 'hang' when revved.
                              Last edited by Guest; 02-10-2014, 03:07 PM.

Comment

It idles at 900? I have a similar engine and it won't idle that low. I do have different cams so that might be the difference. 1372 is a fun engine. Make sure you put that oil cooler on for the street. They run pretty warm in the summer. If you want to see the dyno run on a 1327, go to the search function and enter 'historical documents'. That will pull up the info...
                                Curt
                                sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Working...
                                X