No announcement yet.

GS1327 Bigbore project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like 182hp at 9800 RPM at the rear wheel?

Comment

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
      It idles at 900? I have a similar engine and it won't idle that low. I do have different cams so that might be the difference. 1372 is a fun engine. Make sure you put that oil cooler on for the street. They run pretty warm in the summer. If you want to see the dyno run on a 1327, go to the search function and enter 'historical documents'. That will pull up the info...
      Curt

I don't idle it at 900, but when brought down that low it has some clatter is all. Intermittent noise at 1100 rpm.

Im sure this one doesn't quite make that kind of power with the lower compression. Definitely lacking in the midrange. Screams up top, though.

I need some more seat time.

Comment

Rode it to work today, Still having a major clatter from the bottom end. Rev 1400+ and it goes away. RS40's dont seem to be set up to well either. Runs kinda rough until ~6000 RPM and then the engine comes to life, pulls hard and runs smooth.

Comment

Sync the carbs! Ray.

Comment

I read the way to sync these is take them off and bench sync them?

Comment

Anyone have a sync tool that they are willing to loan out?

Compression is at 120 PSI across the board. Definitely need higher comp pistons. If it runs this strong at 5500ft I'm sure it will really wake it up with higher compression. Are these 1327 pistons essentially hayabusa slugs??

Comment

Picked up a sync tool. Adjusted valves (Most in spec) Found that my green dyna coils were arcing against the frame. Moved them away and it seems to idle better. Also ohmed them out, a little high at 3.7 ohms. But im still having quite an issue. When i turn up the idle screw enough to idle decent ~ 1200 rpm, after a few seconds it will start to slow down, sound choppy and die. Idle seems to hang when throttle is applied. Ive tried the mixture screws from 1/2 turn out to 2.5 and it does idle smoother farther out but will not hold rpm(Dies). If i turn up the idle screw more it just hangs at 2000 RPM. Floats are at 17mm. Mixture screws are not broken off. New intake boots.

Seems like it has an air leak but i dont know what else to check. Going to try a new set of coils. Plugs look a little rich at idle. It runs out very strong and clean.

Its very tough to sync when the idle is this irratic.

Any ideas??

Comment

Im also running an automotive Accel superstock 8mm radia suppression wire. Will that mess with the dyna coils and ignition?

Comment

Well i tried an older but in spec set of dyna coils and it seemed to idle better. Still having an air-leak type issue though. Ill try to trace it down. Anyone know if the vents on the bell side of the RS40's need to be plugged?

Comment

Is anyone responding to your questions? Perhaps in PM?
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

hello,
                        cant believe i missed this thread before, thats an awesome bike!!!!

I cant help with any of your issues, but if the bike was setup for drag it would most likely idle to off idel a little lean, to keep from loading up. then once the full throttle it would wake up, wake up real good. thats how my bike is setup at least 1000 4-1 heADER and rejetted with pods. and i think the auto wires are required for dyna.

I have a question that i hope you can answer. what is that rear slick? size, make, anything. also what size wheel. i would love to find that slick and put it on my bike and do some slick/wheelie bar launchs. thanks so much,

thats the first slick on a snowflake wheel i have seen... sweet!!!!!

matt

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                          Is anyone responding to your questions? Perhaps in PM?
                          No i haven't had any responses. It's okay i'm not in a big rush to deal with it.

Matt, ill get you some answers tomorrow. I can tell you that it doesn't hook up at all being 20 yrs old and dry rotted.

Comment

Looking for some GSXR 38mm carbs!!

Comment

Matt here are the specs on the tire.

Avon 18 Inch slick, K043009

I believe it has been out of production for quite a while.

Still having the idle hang issue. Took off my throttle cables and operated the carbs manually. open the slides and close them, idle hangs up, force the slides to idle position and it idles down.

Odd thing is the slides move very freely, it just seems to hang at that first little bit of throttle opening. I cannot see the throttle rod actually move when i force it back to idle. Digging deeper.

Comment

What is the jetting on the carbs? You never turn the fuel screw out more than 1 turn? The compression seems low even for 9.5 to 1 what are the valves adjusted at? what is the intake port measurement from side to side in mm? Take the rubber intake boot off the get this measurement check this to make sure they are all the same. If you have a set of RS carbs that have the carbon fiber slides they are prone to cracking and breaking which will give the symptoms you are describing.
                                My stable
                                84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
                                85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
                                88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
                                98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
                                90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
                                06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
                                00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

Working...
                                X