No announcement yet.

GS1327 Bigbore project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samson, thanks for the tire info.Its prolly what a 5.5inch wide slick? I just like that look, been thinking about the new M&H but its only 4" wide, perfect for my ironhead race bike, but might be a touch too small for the gs.

thanks and hope you get the carbs sorted out, the high desert (or mountains, not sure where you are in CO) can definately make tuning more dificult. thats why I am not so sure about bonneville with my bike, the ole ohio flatlands got plenty of good air to rip on. although i am still partial to the thin mountain air of the roaring fork valley.

Peace

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by stetracer View Post
      What is the jetting on the carbs? You never turn the fuel screw out more than 1 turn? The compression seems low even for 9.5 to 1 what are the valves adjusted at? what is the intake port measurement from side to side in mm? Take the rubber intake boot off the get this measurement check this to make sure they are all the same. If you have a set of RS carbs that have the carbon fiber slides they are prone to cracking and breaking which will give the symptoms you are describing.
      130 MJ, 17.5 pilot, needle was at mid clip, set it to bottom slot and seems better. Tried Accel pump on and off. I have tried fuel screw at 1/8th to 2.5 out. Seems to be best around 1.5. I adjusted the valves to spec per the suzuki service manual. The carbs have aluminum slides.

I am also at around 6000 ft. Other than the idle the bike revs out great & plugs come out a nice tan color.

When i turn out the idle screw enough, the idle does not hang when revved, but by that point it is too low to idle without dying.

I got it a bit better but now my syncpro is giving me fits. Seems to have taken air into the tubes.

Comment

Sent my carbs to stetracer to try out a set of 38's. My intake ports are stock size so those 40's aren't doing me much good.

Cleaned it up a bit. Found my flywheel was loose also.

Comment

Stetracer set me up some RS38 carbs for trade for my 40's and the bike runs awesome. Found my rotor nut kept coming loose, causing the rattle at idle. Little celebratory burnout.

Comment

Originally posted by Samsonite View Post
            Little celebratory burnout.

The 'Good Neighbor' policy?
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Got some good pictures of her. Still no side covers. Need to pick up some supplies to build tabs.

Last edited by Guest; 05-15-2014, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Let me know how that goes. I've got six side covers, maybe one has good original tabs. Then...

Get thee to a dynamometer.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                  Let me know how that goes. I've got six side covers, maybe one has good original tabs. Then...

Get thee to a dynamometer.
                  I made them on my ES and had great results.

Need to find one But i need a clutch that holds first.

Comment

That's one damn good looking bike. I hope you won't let any of these Nancy boys talk you into putting a baffle in the exhaust.

Any chance of getting a walk around and start up video?

1100EZ stock except for K&Ns and V&H

Comment

Thanks Rob. This one has been a joy for me.

I did end up putting a baffle in but it is still very loud (even by my standards) when opened up past 6000 RPM and those cams come alive. Just screams.

Ill try for a vid.

Comment

Let's see some video! I wanna hear that bad boy

Comment

yea man!! glad you got the fuel issue sorted out!!! sometimes too big a carb is a bad thing. Where you located,thats some beautiful riding shots!!!!
                          Matt in flatlands ohio

Comment

Riding in Morrison,CO. Got a ticket for 40 in a 25 a few weeks ago there. So i was making all the noise i could

Comment

Put new wheel bearings in and took it out today. Never went above 230*, no oil cooler. Just need to get some lines made for that. You can see my left fork weeping

Can anybody recommend a good street clutch setup for high HP? Preferably a lighter lever pull.

She gets a lot of attention....But why do people keep asking if its a 750??

Comment

Let them keep thinking it is a 750.
                                Sleepers are fun!
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X