GS1327 Bigbore project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samsonite View Post
    Put new wheel bearings in and took it out today. Never went above 230*, no oil cooler. Just need to get some lines made for that. You can see my left fork weeping

Can anybody recommend a good street clutch setup for high HP? Preferably a lighter lever pull.

She gets a lot of attention....But why do people keep asking if its a 750??

[
    I forget are you using a Series R/R?

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      I forget are you using a Series R/R?
      Yes i am using the compufire that you recommend. Using factory gauge so it could very well be off. Engine side covers get too hot to touch.

Comment

Yes i am using the compufire that you recommend. Using factory gauge so it could very well be off. Engine side covers get too hot to touch.
        Will see what Rapid Ray has to say about that.

You should probably pull the sensor and test using a cup of boiling water. Quick and easy drop the sensor into the water with the same electrical connections of your gauge. When it boils should be 212. If you have a cooking thermometer you can test the range easy enough.

Comment

Via cooking thermometer water read about 175* and gauge on bike read the same. Cant get it hotter unless i set the bike on the stove.

Comment

Via cooking thermometer water read about 175* and gauge on bike read the same. Cant get it hotter unless i set the bike on the stove.
            Propane torch on a ceramic coffee cup?

You at least want to get to your reported operating temp if not higher. You know the naysayers and all.

Comment

I just caught up with this thread... Its been fun watching you run through the same issues... Get the cooler on and ride it... I had the same problems with my rs38's... Fiddled with them long enough and said the hell with it and made it a drag bike. Red loctite the nut and the end of the crank when you put it back together. I broke so many rotor bolts that I welded it solid to the starter clutch... Watch for the rotor to starter clutch bolts to snap once in a while... Ray gave me the idea to weld it. Great pics and cool thread... Have fun and if you can't find a 4 inch... Get thee a 5.5...
              Curt

Spotted a Busa 2 seconds in the video... Got him by a wheel...
              sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
                I just caught up with this thread... Its been fun watching you run through the same issues... Get the cooler on and ride it... I had the same problems with my rs38's... Fiddled with them long enough and said the hell with it and made it a drag bike. Red loctite the nut and the end of the crank when you put it back together. I broke so many rotor bolts that I welded it solid to the starter clutch... Watch for the rotor to starter clutch bolts to snap once in a while... Ray gave me the idea to weld it. Great pics and cool thread... Have fun and if you can't find a 4 inch... Get thee a 5.5...
                Curt

Spotted a Busa 2 seconds in the video... Got him by a wheel...
                Cooler is next step. I like the idea of having a street legal bike i can still take to the track. Also have to get a puller to get that rotor off.

Looks like you have quite the runner Very nice.

Comment

why do people keep asking if its a 750??
                  Maybe it's time for some side covers.

Had a similar situation with my '73 (903) Z1 after I lost the side covers - people kept thinking it was a 650.

Belluci, what's your best ET (1/4 mile)?
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                    Maybe it's time for some side covers.

Had a similar situation with my '73 (903) Z1 after I lost the side covers - people kept thinking it was a 650.

Belluci, what's your best ET (1/4 mile)?
                    Thought of that as i was making the tabs

She's legit now

Comment

How'd you make the tabs?

I have a ****load of covers, not too many tabs.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Bought a fiberglass dowel and a piece of brass flatstock. Cut everything to the appropriate length for tabs. Heated up the brass and pushed it into the plastic cover lightly and let cool. Epoxied the dowels and brass tabs. Put a small chunk of head shrink over the end of each to help hold them secure in mount. Works great.

Comment

Thought of that as i was making the tabs

She's legit now

OK Now that is WOW. Glad you got the covers on.

Comment

Pictures make it look a lot better than it is sadly.....

Comment

The bike is looking great. Regarding the 750 comment...In my opinion the 82-83 1100e bikes have a visual and physical presence, yet I often got the same question when I had mine years ago.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Pictures make it look a lot better than it is sadly.....
                                I feel your pain..... mine too. Your bike looks bada$$ though.
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X