No announcement yet.

GS1327 Bigbore project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Glen. It really hasn't needed all that much work to get it where it is now. My ES was much cleaner but insides where rough because of the full tank of fuel left in it for 20 years.

Need to tear the engine down to reseal and build transmission sometime.

Comment

9.24 at 141... I weigh 215 suited up... Been trying to get a buddy that weighs 165 to get the bike into the 8's. Might need a little giggle juice...
      Curt
      sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
        9.24 at 141... I weigh 215 suited up... Been trying to get a buddy that weighs 165 to get the bike into the 8's. Might need a little giggle juice...
        Curt
        That is quite impressive! No wheelie bar?
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Bellucci,
          What is your cam grind and what are the specs. Your engine makes very good numbers.

Terry
          1980 Suzuki GS550E, 1981 Suzuki GS 1100EX all stock, 1983 Suzuki GS 1100EX modified, 1985 GS1150E, 1998 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1971 Kawasaki Mach lll 500 H1, 1973 Kawasaki Mach lV 750 H2.

Comment

Rob,
            Yes to the wheelie bar... It does back flips otherwise. and Terry, The originals were Andrews G3's. They are no longer made so I went with a Cam Motion G7 intake and G21 exhaust. Its all that I could put in without shortening the guides...
            Curt
            sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Pulled the engine for a top end reseal and trans rebuild. Gaskets ordered. Went with a MLS head gasket and .005 base gasket to bump the compression a bit.

Comment

I guess i have been living a lie!

Previous owner claimed it was a 1327.

Pulled the head and what do i have?

75mm pistons. Shes an 1166. So not only the bike isn't what i had been led to believe but i feel like a complete dumba$$, and Bought $100 in top end gaskets that wont fit!!

Oh well. It is ported, nice new cams, fresh looking bore, etc.

If this 1166 runs this strong a 1327 must be pretty gnarly!

Sorry all.

Comment

Originally posted by Samsonite View Post
                  I guess i have been living a lie!

Previous owner claimed it was a 1327.

Pulled the head and what do i have?

75mm pistons. Shes an 1166. So not only the bike isn't what i had been led to believe but i feel like a complete dumba$$, and Bought $100 in top end gaskets that wont fit!!

Oh well. It is ported, nice new cams, fresh looking bore, etc.

If this 1166 runs this strong a 1327 must be pretty gnarly!

Sorry all.
                  And that 1166, will run even better if setup in the sweet spot. I only found that out with the WB02

That would explain why you were running around without a cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post

That would explain why you were running around without a cooler.
                    Yes sir! The 1327 excessive heat mystery continues...

28.5 & 24mm valves.....

Comment

Anyone have any 1166 top end gaskets they can ship out quick??

Comment

Cams are marked 12042, 2 97, d30, cwc, ep71, d1, c1

Cams are identical. No markings on ends or under sprockets.

Any ideas?

ALSO, On top of all that i found my cam chain guide was snapped in half. Looked like it had been that way for a while. Do i have to split cases again to change it out? I need one if anyone has got one laying around.
                        Last edited by Guest; 07-04-2014, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Yes sir! The 1327 excessive heat mystery continues...

28.5 & 24mm valves.....
                          While, larger valves do help, it is the porting where the magic is.

Comment

Cams are marked 12042, 2 97, d30, cwc, ep71, d1, c1

Cams are identical. No markings on ends or under sprockets.

Any ideas?

ALSO, On top of all that i found my cam chain guide was snapped in half. Looked like it had been that way for a while. Do i have to split cases again to change it out? I need one if anyone has got one laying around.
                            rear guide = remove cylinder.
                            VHR cams i have had was marked on the end "VHR 042".
                            about the valve sizes..there can be no magic if the door is to small.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                              rear guide = remove cylinder.
                              VHR cams i have had was marked on the end "VHR 042".
                              about the valve sizes..there can be no magic if the door is to small.
                              well maybe "if" it is too small, but that is a purely hypothetical statement.

In specific terms Terry ported this stock 1100E head (27mm intakes) and achieved higher flow rates than my when he ported my 1100E head with 28mm (1150 intake)valves.

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Nick 98.9 cfm at 0.350" lift

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Me (approx) 95 cfm at 0.350" lift

There is more flow with a smaller intake valve. Mien doe have higher flow at lower lift, so maybe a bit more torque.
                              Last edited by posplayr; 07-04-2014, 03:43 PM.

Comment

in the end it all goes back to what a person wants and the type of riding/where they want the power to be.
                                i had a 1200 Carpenter engine in a 1150.
                                31/27 valves and it was flat till 6 grand or more then it lost it's mind.
                                it was like a 2 stroke...not ideal street manners at all.
                                it ran a 10.13@139 with stock gearing and wheelbase..a monster to ride.
                                of course 27mm valves would have never made this kind of power...

Comment

Working...
                                X