No announcement yet.

83 750E light restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

change all the O rings on the carbs, dip them, clean them and then put them back...

there is a idle adjustment screw, see in pictures, the big knob in the center

Comment

So, I put another 40 miles on today. More highway cruising this time. I lowered the idle to about 1100 rpm and it purrs nicely. It's actually very impressive for a 31 year old bike.

A few issues;

-temp gauge does an off and on thing while riding. 0 degrees to 210 degrees when warm. Not a big issue but I'd like for it to stay working.

-fueling is ****ty between 4-5K rpm. Cruising between 55 and 70 with constant throttle it hesitates and feels as though one of the cylinders are not getting fuel. If I run it up through the gears shifting at 5 or 6K rpm it's smooth and pulls hard.

Cruising though it misses at highway speeds. Seems to be a pretty lean condition. I'll know more when I pull the plugs.

I plan to change the oil and plugs before I go for another ride. I'd like to get through this tank of fuel to see if things clear up before I pull the carbs.
      Last edited by Guest; 01-05-2014, 01:24 PM.

Comment

You can try using another tank but you will almost certainly be pulling the carbs.My 85 750 ran pretty good before I did new O rings.Ran WAY better after a set of Mr Barr's http://cycleorings.com/ O rings.It's just worth doing IMHO.
        Last edited by Guest; 01-05-2014, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I know it. I like to tell myself it'll be easy and work itself out but that's never the case. Thanks for the link to the cycleorings. I'll probably be looking them up.

Comment

Think of it this way those O rings are 31 years old,they need replacing.I can guaranty you'll be happy you did it.Get some new boot O rings while you're at it,even the most pampered bike I've worked on(BCCap's 83 750) needed new ones.

Comment

Working...
            X