X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bike that could be my next project

1982 GS1100E for sale in my area.

Here's the listing:
    This is a 1982 Suzuki GS1100E, all original. Bike was running fine when it was stored about one year ago. I have installed a new battery and started it recently. It runs but the carbs need attention. Despite having additive in the fuel, it has gone bad after such a long period of not being used. A little work would produce a great example of an old school muscle bike.

The asking price is $1500. Hopefully it's still available.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Wow that's nice ,not a big project tho , fix carbs and ride , I had that same bike back in 87 , nice bike , Brian

Comment

Very nice bikes. A bit heavy, but lots of torque and very fast.

Comment

1100e was my first GS love. That one looks really nice.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Jump on that GS

That '82 is gorgeous! Three months ago I bought one for $1500, running and looking great, although the headers have black paint covering up rusty chrome.

I think you should jump on that GS. Preserve that exhaust, even if you replace it. I'm sure it's very valuable. The tank and rest of the bodywork look pristine. To me, the project is maintaining their current condition. Do you know if it's been repainted?

Mine was repainted red with black engine and headers, looks sort of like the one in the background of one of your photos. Are those pics of the bike being offered for $1500? It looks like a museum piece!
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

It's a beautiful bike

Comment

Nice looking bike did you buy it yet?
              1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
              80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
              1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
              83 gs750ed- first new purchase
              85 EX500- vintage track weapon
              1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
              “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
              If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Working...
              X