GS1100 part out or whole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 part out or whole

Hello, I have a 82 GS1100 that has been sitting for about 3 years. Before I parked her there have been some problems. She was my first, and a good bike. I rode a lot of miles on her, I'm sad to see her go! I'm going to sell it, but want to get top dollar as a way to donate that money to a ministry opportunity. I am wondering if you guys have opinions about which makes more cash on ebay? And If I do go all the way to part out, keep the motor intact or other major parts intact? Thanks for your advice!

You would get more money parting it out but it will take lots of time and energy.

Comment

What part of the world are you in? Prices vary a lot regionally.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

If the problems that caused you to park it are engine related you might want to part it out.
        If it was something else, i would keep the engine together.
        Of course shipping something that large can be problematic.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Just don't try to sell the parts here. You won't find cheaper people anywhere else in the world. Copper wire was invented by 2 members from this site that both found the same penny! Like you were told above, parting it will get you the most money but will take time. Ebay will be your best audience. Ray.

Comment

I have a jar full of pennies that I want to cash in. Do I......

1. Cash em in at the bank ?

2. Melt them down for scrap copper ?

3. Buy GS parts ? I have near 500 pennies. Will that get me an engine ?
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
              I have a jar full of pennies that I want to cash in. Do I......

1. Cash em in at the bank ?

2. Melt them down for scrap copper ?

3. Buy GS parts ? I have near 500 pennies. Will that get me an engine ?

500 plug fuses.

Comment

Working...
              X