No announcement yet.

Getting running my 850G!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That seat is a great point and is already on the short list of things to be changed as I can't stand it. It's also way too soft and I can feel the pan.I have another seat that is raised a bit but flat all the way back. I'd use it but all the mounts are ripped off the pan due to a massive accident from the PO before I got my parts bike.

Comment

Thanks. I hadn't posted in a long time but I've been pm'ing people trying to find parts and info on getting this thing up and going!

Comment

Well, I went to finally pick up my GS from the dyno shop near Seattle as they called and said it was done! Yippee!!
        It ran a rwhp of 70 again, which is what I expected. It ran a 71rwhp last time but it's been 2 years ago.

After loading up the trailer and starting my drive, I found that I hadn't brought my gear and wished I had in case it was still not correct. Luckily, they had some extra gear there and I took it for a spin before I reluctantly, once again, left WITHOUT IT. Ya, that's right. I've made that drive at least 4 times now.
        The good news: It pulled hard all the way to 120mph on the dyno!
        I had a bad petcock and fuel was only fully working in the reserve position (which they figured out).
        My clutch was still slipping and they caught it and adjusted it and it worked great. (I had just replaced the clutch springs).
        The air-fuel mixture screws were all lean and they were adjusted and were reading good.

And the not-too-bad news: The petcock is possibly the culprit as it still falls on it's face when I did a road test. It pulled like a train up until above 50 and we think there is still a lack of fuel going on. I ordered a new fuel petcock from George on ebay. It's not a Pingle but I hope it works good.
        Last edited by Guest; 01-30-2017, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X