No announcement yet.

82 gsx750ez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished off the painting and clearcoats.

Here is the sidecover with new badge

and the Rear cowl

and the tank

The finish on the tank has a little of the orange peel look but only really obvious in low light. Overall I'm pretty happy with the result considering it was my first effort and i t was done with a rattle can.

I should be able to get all the pieces together this weekend and get the bike on the road.
    80 GSX1100 ET
    82 GSX750 EZ
    84 GSX1150 ES
    86 GSX750 ES
    10 GSXR1000

Comment

Nice job, bike looks awesome. Did you use a 2k on the paint otherwise all your hard work will be in vain? Can get it in a can, that's what I used on mine, and it was super forgiving also.

Comment

I've used a 2k clearcoat on all the paintwork. I get the cans premixed at a local automotive paint shop. They are good for 24 -36 hours before hardening in the can.

It has all been reassembled and the result is better than i thought i was capable of.

I had left the packrack on as the rear cowl has been notched to take the mounting brackets and i wasn't sure if it would like right if i removed it. In the end i decided it had to go.

A few numbers to finish off and i'm sure these will horrify any of you in North America as all the bikes you pick up seem to cost $500 and have 5000 miles on the clock.
        Down here the pickings are not so sweet as this bike has 122,000km on the clock. The replacement engine has either done 45,000 or 145,000km or at least that is what the clocks on the donor bike show.
        It cost me $2000 to buy and i have spent nearly $1000 more on doing it up. I do have a bunch of spare parts in the garage now.
        The other pertinent point is that the replacement motor actually came out of a 1980 1100ET so i now have an 1100 motor but i left the styling as a 750 as i like the look.

Now that i have gained a bit of experience on this project i have a 1983 GSX750ESD to continue with. I will start another post on that one shortly as i have started the dismantling already.
        80 GSX1100 ET
        82 GSX750 EZ
        84 GSX1150 ES
        86 GSX750 ES
        10 GSXR1000

Comment

Nice job! Bike looks great. I'm in midst of doing similar work to my GS850. I'm encouraged by how clean yours came out looking. Good work.

Comment

Working...
          X