HELP !..........Wheel bearing type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP !..........Wheel bearing type

Need some help from the brain trust out there !
    I have a late 79’ GS750…with factory mag wheels
    I received the bike in boxes and most parts, I have to get some new wheel bearings, and I see that there are different bearings for “EC”, and “EN”, how dose one determine what one needs ??
    Thank you for any help

They should be the same. Front, rear or both?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

but they have diff, part numbers ????
      you think they are same ????

Comment

Might be they changed to different seals on the bearings. 63032RS abd 63022RS I think, but check here:

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Could well be the shield type. Istr, the first wheel bearings I bought for my '79, I had a choice of metal shield or more of a proper seal built in. The originals I took out were metal shielded and I wasn't too impressed with the life span of them, to be honest. I went with Koyo, then and since, and never had the slightest doubt about the efficacy of the rubber seal, the Koyo bearings lasting much, much longer - probably related to the seal, as well as quality of manufacture.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
          X