Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philosopheriam View Post
    The handiwork of Ray Rains (rapidray)

1100 clutch basket shaved down to 1000 height with HD backing plate/springs and welded rivets

Custom cam grind selected by Ray:

Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Remaining engine components - soda blasted and masked. All they need is an acetone wipe-down and primer/paint

(final pics of the head will be posted when it's done being painted - some quality work compliments of Ray Rains)

headoilpanfiltercoverandpressurecover by Anthony Monteleone, on Flickr
      Last edited by philosopheriam; 07-30-2017, 09:48 AM.
      Cogito ergo sum - "I think, therefore I am"
      René Descartes

Comment

your links do not work properly

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
          your links do not work properly
          Which ones - they are links to Photobucket and when I load the page they seem to work... Are the pictures not visible?
          René Descartes

Comment

I see all of them. You may need to look at your computer setting Jeep.
            Ray.

Comment

you will need to run some pretty heavy clutch springs as the 1100 plates are smaller in diameter than the 1000 plates.
              plus you will be running a couple less plates because of the removal of material from the 1100 basket.
              this is my experience when doing the 1100 basket in a 1000 conversion.

Comment

one other thing i'd recommend...
                have the cam ends machined near flush with the lobes on the right side so you can get to the bucket/shim with your dial indicator when degreeing your cams.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                  you will need to run some pretty heavy clutch springs as the 1100 plates are smaller in diameter than the 1000 plates.
                  plus you will be running a couple less plates because of the removal of material from the 1100 basket.
                  this is my experience when doing the 1100 basket in a 1000 conversion.
                  What about putting the stock 1000 steelies on a lathe and taking them down about an 1/8" so they fit in the 1100 basket? My plan was to run x3 EBC springs and x3 stock springs with Fast By Gast fibers...
                  René Descartes

Comment

if you machine the 1000 steels down...lol
                    you might as well use the 1100 steels.
                    you see what i mean?
                    FBG fibers are aggressive...i never liked them because of no neutral when running ect..
                    you may have better luck.
                    i use OEM fibers for street bikes or 7 second bikes...they are that good.

Comment

(waiting for Ray to chime in)
                      René Descartes

Comment

I sometimes have access to a lathe for free, that's why I asked...
                        René Descartes

Comment

steels are cheap...

Comment

blowerbike,

considering you have used an 1100 basket in a 1000 before, what else is necessary for the conversion other than the new hub, 1100 frictions, and 1100 steels - can I use the stock 1000 plate carrier or do I need one from an 1100?
                            René Descartes

Comment

hmmm,
                              been a few years but i think you can use the 1000 inner hub.
                              it has the same spline pattern as the 1100 for the steels.
                              the one thing i remember when using an 1100 inner hub was it had to be narrowed also...the same amount as the basket or close to it.
                              you end up with 2-3 less plates than a stock 1100 so you loose quite a bit of stack height...hence the more static spring pressure needed especially on a performance engine.

Comment

stock 1000 has 8 fibers and 7 steels.

it makes sense that if you used an 1100 plate carrier it would need to be shortened, as well.

what about the wave washer and seat that go behind the first steel in the 1100 assembly?
                                René Descartes

Comment

Working...
                                X