Gs 750 e with a twist (oil cooled 1200)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 750 e with a twist (oil cooled 1200)

I am on a few forums , I am a suzuki man through and through had lots over the years,

I have wanted a gs 1000e , but here in the uk they are getting harder to find , as we have poor weather, lots of rusty bikes and petrol tanks are getting very very expensive .

So one day searching google images I found a gs 750 with bandit 1200 engine and gs1000e headlight fairing, uuuummmmm a plan was hatched

So thats the idea I will up date pics when on my pc .

I have been sourcing parts with ebay and paypal , so I hope I can do the idea justice

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...t=#post2105262

hi i am a suzuki nut in england and have a few builds dotted around the internet ,i usually build using suzuki 80% with added modern parts my latest is as above a gs 750e frame and bodywork , i have plans to do a modern twist on the theme ,

i love the look of the wes cooley gs1000s but white and blue , (if i am in the wrong section moderators please let me know)

this is what i saw and that yes like it

this is what i have got together from ebay

Comment

so clean bench and off we go

Comment

Keep us posted (with plenty of pics).

Don't worry about that UK thing, that's not illegal anymore.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Looking forward to see the end results, should be a good concept
          1981 GS1000g

Comment

few bits i have bought
            these where made by sand casting and quite rare ,

aprilia radial forks with ducati 848 evo radial calipers

Comment

the forks required the caliper mounts shortening by 5mm

Comment

wheels suzuki b king 2008

Comment

bottom yoke is a suzuki gsxr 750 k8 20008 and the top yoke was a billet item made by my very good friend gsxr sam

Comment

hel oil cooler with braided lines

Comment

yoshimura can , little used but will be shortened and have a new genuine decal fitted

Comment

thanks for encouragment i shall post more pictures and hopefully more words later

Comment

i had sourced a set of header pipes and link pipe from a forum member , it is a sought after full stainless 4-2-1 micron that is no longer in production , these allow the engine to retain its low and midrange power , rather than just allow top end performance ,

Comment

managed to collect a gsx1400 swingarm for cheap money with a chain slider too

Comment

the frame needs a bit of a tweek as these swingarms a very wide but i should save on not having to mono shock the frame as that was the first idea

Comment

Working...
                              X