1979 GS425E build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 GS425E build

I purchased this bike Aug 26 2014 for 1050 bucks. It was a stock unmodified 10000 mile bike. It is a perfect platform for me to build a mild café style bike. I started by tearing the bike down and saving everything that was going back on the bike and parts that were not.
    Made a list of parts that I needed and parts that I wanted. So first was the seat. I bought the cheap ass ebay café seat from Hong Kong. I will tell you that this thing is way nicer than I would of hoped. Well worth the money. 119 bucks. I had a hoop made for the rear and have set it up now and its ready to be cut and fine tuned. I bought a new upgraded steering head bearing, front and rear wheel bearings, new tires, tach cable, fuel petcock rebuild kit, full engine gasket set, cam end plugs, Viton valve stem seals.

I need handle bars ( hyde M bars), brake master cyl, brake line, bar end mirrors, exhaust, paint and supplies, blinkers, tail light, carb gaskets, shocks, wire sleeves.

Here are pics of the tear down. This is up to date as of today. So that's all for now. I need to get the rear hoop cut and welded then I can strip the frame and get it painted.
    Day 1

New rear tire with the tire I took off. I didn't take a pic of the front. Its an Avon 100/90/18 on the rear and 90/90/18 on the front.

New seat sitting on the frame.

Last edited by Guest; 09-27-2014, 07:33 PM.

I'm curious to see the transformation. Looks like a good start. Keep up the great pics and have fun.
    Erik

1982 GS550M

Dyna S, Dyna greens, coil relay mod w/LED, Sonic Springs (.90)

Comment

Working...
    X