project "jailbreak"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

project "jailbreak"

Ok first off this is a build in progress. I have set a due date of august 1 2015. I decided I wanted to build this bike after seeing the "bankjob" bike.
    We shall see if I end up with anything close to it lol. I found a 78 gs 1000 to start with.

Got it over to the shop and up on the lift.

So bi ordered a few parts to get me started. I decided I want the bike to be old school power plant with modern suspension and for it to have an almost factory look. So I grabbed a set of hayabusa triple trees for the front and as of now I have a swingarm from a 2012 r1 so get to work a little

Comment

The way the bike is sitting now is a rough mock of where I want the bike To sit parked. I work for tricky air so this bike is going to get a suzuki hayabusa front air suspension and rear air also so ride height will be up 3-4 inches.
      Haven't made up my mmind on wheels. I was going to do a 1 off set since I do the cad and write the cnc programs at tab, but I want a "factory" look so I may go with buell xb12 and do a radial mount bracket for the front wheel. I'm on the fence on wheel for now. That's about all I have for now I'll keep you up on the progress. Hope I didn't hurt any feelings by cutting the bike in half. That's when I decided on the name while I was cutting the bars. I like it cool name and that's what you would most likely do after a bankjob
      Last edited by Guest; 10-09-2014, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Looking good.

Most of the guys that cut on a bike have bobbers and/or choppers in mind, which basically make the bike worthless as a RIDING vehicle. Your goal should really enhance the riding qualities, so will probably be received quite well.

And, you also appear to have a nice shop with decent resources, as well as the knowledge how to use them.

Keep the pictures coming.

Last edited by Steve; 11-12-2014, 12:09 AM.
        sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Subscribed!

Comment

I don't know about the exhaust on the te black and orange bike. It's routed directly in front of the carbs. It does look really cool though. Good luck with your build.

Comment

Are you sure you are looking at the exhaust?

The exhaust does go near the carb intakes on its way to the top of the frame to exit under the seat, but all the tubing is on the other side. The shiny "pipes" that you see on this side appear to be braided stainless oil lines.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Subscribed
                82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                80 gs1000s

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Are you sure you are looking at the exhaust?

The exhaust does go near the carb intakes on its way to the top of the frame to exit under the seat, but all the tubing is on the other side. The shiny "pipes" that you see on this side appear to be braided stainless oil lines.

You're right. Those were oil lines that I was looking at. Saw the under seat exhaust and like kinda assumed there were two header pipes wrapped around each side of the head.

Comment

The pipes on mine will be short and under the bike kind of what is on the bike now but way shorter. going to use the area under the tail to hide air ride stuff, batt, electrical stuff

Comment

Scored a set of old school rc components drag wheels for the build now I can start some real fab

Comment

Comment

Bars came in just zip tied for now

Comment

Lookin' good , like the project name.

Comment

Just got tail in.....idk might get some major hacking lol

Comment

Working...
                              X