Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here I go again....80 GS250T i couldn't resist it!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here I go again....80 GS250T i couldn't resist it!!

I saw this on craigslist 3 months ago and talked to the guy back then. I recently sold a vulcan 1500 after deciding I like littler bikes much better, and I decided to call this guy back. He still had it and still wanted to sell, so I went down, made offer and brought it home. Title work is all done and it will be a daily rider with great gas mileage.
    umm 1800 miles hehehehehheeh.....1800.jpg
    Last edited by Guest; 10-14-2014, 07:11 PM.

Originally posted by barnbiketom View Post
    I saw this on craigslist 3 months ago and talked to the guy back then. I recently sold a vulcan 1500 after deciding I like littler bikes much better, and I decided to call this guy back. He still had it and still wanted to sell, so I went down, made offer and brought it home. Title work is all done and it will be a daily rider with great gas mileage.
    umm 1800 miles hehehehehheeh.....[ATTACH=CONFIG]36781[/ATTACH]
    Ok, don't tease us with just the odo shot, we wanna see the whole bike!!

Congrats!
    '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

hahahah you must have been reading this whilst I was trying to edit more pics.
      The man had this thing elevated in the garage for who knows how long???highanddry.jpg

Comment

After first wash off.. pretty nice but not as nice as it could be.. I did have it running tonite, but will need a strip and dip, oil change, valve check, and possibly intakes.. but it runs nice considering. I will be posting more tomorrow!!
        ooh and it came with silly bar and nice little windshield never mounted !!washedoff.jpg
        Last edited by Guest; 10-14-2014, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Very nice. I've always liked those.
          '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Thank you rich!
            this morning I did find some "BUTCHERY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            seems the carbs had been out at some point in the 34 years, and they installed about 2 foot of "gas line' with an inline filter upside down...the gas line went from the tank, up in a giant loop, touching the backbone, then back down to the carbs hahahhaha.
            Glad I have a NEW package of OEM suzuki gas line just waiting!!!
            The carbs them selves show no butchery except for the usual screw head manglementation. even the jets look great and no butchery so I wonder if they got that far . maybe they "CLEANED" the carbs the usual wrong way?
            anywho I stripped them all the way and will dip them tomorrow in Chem dip professional!!

I also bead blasted and repainted (with Duplicolor Engine silver) the starter motor cover.. that is a pet peeve of mine. ALWAYS make that thing look good or you will be sorry since it may be a bugger to get off later.

Also checked the tensioner. ( set screw lock nut tight and the screw itself was NOT run in like so many do...

All in all i think I got this just in time. the guy was "GOING TO GET IT RUNNING" if I didn't buy it

Comment

Nice one Tom, another twin coming back to life

And that carry rack looks big enough to hold a carton of beer... now that's a bonus!
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post

And that carry rack looks big enough to hold a carton of beer... now that's a bonus!
                Tha fugly thing is OFF and i wonder why ooh why it sticks back a foot too far???
                I might modify it somehow ..beer carrier is important!!

Comment

That has to be the worst work shop stand I have ever seen.
                  Concrete blocks and a board that only just looks wide enough... then tie the front wheel to the main stand..!

Great buy.
                  Current Bikes.... 81,1230Kat, 86,GSXR1100, 86,RG500,
                  The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Comment

Originally posted by Arronduke View Post
                    That has to be the worst work shop stand I have ever seen.
                    Concrete blocks and a board that only just looks wide enough... then tie the front wheel to the main stand..!

Great buy.
                    That WAS a novel way to store a bike. up off the ground where it was a bit less humid. I don't know how long it was kept there, but the left side visible in the pic was much better than the right side, because I think the window let in moisture. the rh side of the frame has some blight on it..
                    but the 1800 miles seems correct. I got it together yesterday and ran it a half mile to get her warmed up to see if everything worked and then changed the oil and filter. I'll probably run it some more and check the valves for fun.

The airbox was butchered. where the carbs fit into it. these boxes contain built in velocity stacks that were rubber and they are VERY VERY HARD NOW.... the other person who "worked" on it Jammed the carbs back in and bent everything all up. I removed (jerked out)the almost ruined velocity stacks, and had to cut off the flared part since there was no way they'd go back in. Then I heated them up with a heat gun REALLY HOT ( they flopped around) and installed them separately on the air horns with hose clamps. When they cooled , they fit the carbs again. I moved the airbox back into place, over the other pieces that act as fillers since the actual outer airbox outlets are too big without the inner velocity stacks, and then placed the original clamps over the whole shebang. worked great and seems to run perfectly so far.....theres actualy a good seal on the carbs now, considering.

I almost considered pods but NO WAY LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X