Gs1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs1000

Don't know if anyone can remember the last GS1000 I built but I sold it and regretted that straight away, so on to build 2 now. Have assembled all the parts I require and will begin building it over the next 3 months. I have decided to go with a skunk tank again, have painted all the relevant bodywork and attached is pic of tank after painting.
    Attached Files

3 month timeline?
    Some of us are soon facing a 5 or 6 month down time.
    Glad to follow the build.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Is that painted or chrome? WOW!!!

Comment

Got a mate who's a painter, did all dent repairs to tank an painted all bodywork for £300 well worth it.

Comment

Do any of you know what would be good replacement silencers, mufflers, to fit to bike, have good downpipes and want to go as original as possible. Thanks

Comment

That is a good lookin tank, how did your friend get the dents out?

Comment

AZR found some that are Dunstall like mufflers that are about the same length as the originals. I think from JC Whitney

Finding originals is like having the Hope diamond appear in your soup
              1978 GS 1000 (since new)
              1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
              1978 GS 1000 (parts)
              1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
              1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
              1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
              2007 DRz 400S
              1999 ATK 490ES
              1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Stockis4bitches View Post
                That is a good lookin tank, how did your friend get the dents out?
                He's a painter by trade, pulled dents out as best as he could then filled and rubbed tank down, he had the patience to do it that I don't.

Comment

Do you know what kind of paint was used for that chrome effect? That paint job looks amazing!

Comment

Hi, wdavie.
                    I have SITO silencers on my 1000 there close to originals, also wemoto sell marving that look similar. Seen that tank on fleebay did it not sell ?. Where are you in NE ?. You can see pics of my bike in my old posts, or practical sportsbike mag, mines the blue one.
                    My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Working...
                    X