GS550 1978 Cafe Racer project and restauration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS550 1978 Cafe Racer project and restauration

Well, this is it, my first ambicious project, i take a few days ago a GS550 1978 for $450 dollars. So the bike its on bad conditions, the engine needs an adjustment repair the electrical system etc, by the way, im not a mechanic but i try to repair the little things like clean carburators, change the electrical system, paint job and change the chain and other things like that, i have on my mind a restauration/transformation to a cafe racer style

so i leave here a pics from the bike how looks actually and i update any advance here

PD: somebody have the owners and repair manual for my bike?

WP_20150307_005.jpg

Here's a copy of the service manual:

Here's a website that you may find of some use as well:

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
      Here's a copy of the service manual:

Here's a website that you may find of some use as well:

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
      Thank you so much, i cant find it on the web, i google it on a lot of pages, thanks a lot man.

Comment

here some photographyes, i clean the paint on the engine, have a lot of spray on there,

before and after, next week carb clean i only have sunday for her so i cant do so much

PicsArt_15_03_2015 05_34_32 p_m[1].jpg

Comment

Well, finally i can dissasembling a little an clean it more deeper , a lot of work to do, when i finish to clean it i upload the photos

Comment

Working...
          X