83 gs550es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 gs550es

Hi, I found the site a few years back and have just been looking at people's projects. I have since moved to Canada(London, Ontario) and have just picked myself up my first bike. I got it for $350 with title and was told it runs. I have worked on cars all my life and some of my friends bikes back home so I hope to get everything mechanically sound on my own with hopes of getting it on the road before winter or early spring if things don't go to plan. Right now I have it in a storage unit and have only been able to work on the bike twice since I bought it almost two weeks ago for maybe 15-20mins but I expect to have way more time shortly. Any ways, here are a few pics.

The day I got her, it showered all day. I'm not into the front fairing and the headlight, so I'm looking at swapping it out for a circular headlight. Thanks for looking and I will try to keep posting any updates.

Also it has just under 40,000km on the clock. My plan for the bike is to get it running as well I can then deal with cosmetics. So far I've ordered a battery. Will be changing the oil and filter as well as the gas. The previous owner said he put fuel stabilizer in the tank when he stored it last winter. Will try and hopefully get it to run with just those.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-10-2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Got it fired up. But carbs need a cleaning. Have a spare set, so I'll clean them and swap them on.

Comment

Working...
      X