Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stereo systems

if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it:

I have a fairing on my bike, I'd love to upgrade my system and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions? A friend suggested boat wakeboard tower speakers, but they're big and bulky. I want some good mid range sound, maybe even bass if any of you have ideas. I'm currently running a car head unit, (2) 4" pioneer speakers, and (2) clamp on boss motorcycle speakers. so far its all treble, nothing else.

Bluetooth headset..........................

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      Bluetooth headset..........................
      Inside a quality helmet.....
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

lame the only stereo on a bike is the blaster of yore.
        You could hear music for several second and then the bike would pass you and it was ghastly how loud things could be.
        Louder than an engine at cruise RPM
        Shocking really like a disco that sneaks up on you then BOOM!

Comment

Well, two out of three are useful, so far.

You won't get chest-thumping bass, but a set of good speakers in the helmet will sound GREAT.

Not so sure about the bluetooth recommendation, though, as you have to keep recharging your helmet to avoid losing your tunes.

I have J&M intercom speakers and microphones in our helmets, they connect to either the stock setup on the Wing or J&M CB/intercom systems on the GSes. Good sound from all of them.

For those who don't want the bulk and expense of a full-blown radio/intercom system, they offer a set of helmet speakers that plug directly into your phone or mp3 player that only cost about $35.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

There are plenty of companies out there that make systems for H-D's and I'm sure they would have something with speaker dimensions similar to what you would need. J&P Cycles has a large selection: http://www.jpcycles.com/motorcycle-speakers-and-amps
            -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
            DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
            -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

Working...
            X