my gs650g 1982 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my gs650g 1982 project

Hi guys wondering if anyone had some suggestions for me on this build I'm about to start, maybe some advice? Was thinking to go for a street fighter look.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the forum.

Hope I'm not stating anything TOO obvious, but a good place to start would be to add a front wheel, an engine, fuel tank, etc., etc., etc.

Seriously, unless you have had this bike running recently and/or know its history, get it running first, THEN do your modifications.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

"Seriously, unless you have had this bike running recently and/or know its history, get it running first, THEN do your modifications."

Too late, apparently!
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Welcome to the site.
        A search of the Project section will provide you with many different types of 650G restorations.
        An excellent example http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ghlight=gs650g
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Ok so I take it guys here seem against the idea of creating a "one of a kind" gs. I bought the bike as a non runner from traffic dept 6 months ago and in 6 months after reading almost every thread on this site I still can't get the motor to idle nevermind run and the only things I haven't done is rings and stem seals, but I'm getting there. While I'm waiting to find spares that don't cost me an arm and leg I've decided to turn this into the gs of all time,, so with or without help from what I'm guessing are the best people to speak to atout a gs I'm on a mission. I'll send pictures of how it works out

Comment

There are indeed folks here that modify their bikes, and I have a couple myself that I'll be making "unique" in the next year or so, but there are a lot if "purists" here, and for good reason in my opinion. The GS is such a great bike and they are very well put together and not as common these days and when someone hacks up a clean example, only to then complain about how it doesn't run or ride right...

Do what you like, keep reading up, search and then ask questions if you need help - as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------
            2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

Working...
            X