Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subbed and look forward to this!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

Joe,

Happy building on the next one. There are subtle differences between the 83 and 82 mounting points on the frame. So be sure and check your existing templates on your 83 frame before making your mounting plates out of aluminum.

For others the dimensions for the 83 rear set mounting blocks are in the link above and should give you all you need to provide to a water jet device or a machinist. It can be done with home tools and a welder but will take much longer. The holes for the rear sets are spaced for ZX12 Kawasaki parts but if you have or want to use something else just change those holes.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman View Post
        http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ight=rear+sets

Joe,

Happy building on the next one. There are subtle differences between the 83 and 82 mounting points on the frame. So be sure and check your existing templates on your 83 frame before making your mounting plates out of aluminum.

For others the dimensions for the 83 rear set mounting blocks are in the link above and should give you all you need to provide to a water jet device or a machinist. It can be done with home tools and a welder but will take much longer. The holes for the rear sets are spaced for ZX12 Kawasaki parts but if you have or want to use something else just change those holes.
        Thanks Isleo, you get all the credit on these.

Comment

Subscribed, I will go delete my 1100E thread.

Comment

Nah, don't do it although not everyone can keep up with Joe, we can all benefit from each other's threads.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------
            2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

Thinking on pulling the trigger on ne of these...would like to see one on the bike first somewhere.

Comment

Here's where I make myself sound dumb. What is it? I can't tell without context.

Looking forward to this build also.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                  Here's where I make myself sound dumb. What is it? I can't tell without context.

Looking forward to this build also.
                  Replaces the stock sprocket cover

Comment

Got it. Thanks. Fancy looking for sure. In my pathetic world it would be another spot that would show more oil, old chain lube and dirt..
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I got one but I opt for the powder coated black one...very nice piece. Make my motor look like ****...lol..only because I agent cleaned mine up well yet... Pm me and I'll shoot you a pic via phone number if that's cool mines 6419038814
                      Last edited by Guest; 12-21-2015, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Do you then have to keep your now visible front sprocket clean? Nice kit. You'll have to sell your 1970's bell bottoms.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman View Post
                          Do you then have to keep your now visible front sprocket clean? Nice kit. You'll have to sell your 1970's bell bottoms.
                          I have a Velcro strap for the potential bell bottom mishap....

Comment

Hello, Joe...come in, Joe..are you out there...? Been a long time since we heard from you....
                            1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Parts list still coming together on this, had the bodywork done in the stock blue. Pics to come.....

Comment

GS11 (1).jpg

Ok lets get this moving along.....

Comment

Working...
                                X