No announcement yet.

Suzuki GS450 1984

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I was trying to start up the Suzuki for the first time, but ended up getting flames out of the exhaust...
    What could be the cause of this? It won't start either...

Comment

Do you have the airbox? If so, you'll want to put it back on, it will be way too lean with the carbs just open like that.

Comment

It looks to me like you aren't getting gas. There's definitely spark, since you're getting the flame, but I think that the float bowls aren't filling up as you already mentioned the petcock and issue of priming.

Did you end up properly disassembling and cleaning your carbs and checking the float bowl height?
        1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
        1977 GS550
        1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
          It looks to me like you aren't getting gas. There's definitely spark, since you're getting the flame, but I think that the float bowls aren't filling up as you already mentioned the petcock and issue of priming.

Did you end up properly disassembling and cleaning your carbs and checking the float bowl height?
          Hey Sam000lee, I did disassemble the carbs and cleaned them, but I didn't check the float bowl height, how can I check that? And the flame only comes out the right exhaust... I think there is gas, because when i try to start, sometimes there comes a haze of gasoline out of the air intake of the right carb...
          Thanks for helping!

Comment

To use dot5 fluid you need to make sure the rest of your braking systen is equiped for it. Like fluid resivour, lines, piston orings and seals in the calipers.. it has diferent properties than dot 3 or 4. Do some research.

Comment

As Devon asked earlier, do you have the stock airbox on? Do you have pods/nothing on the carb. intakes? If you have anything besides stock intake/exhaust (looks like your exhaust is chopped) this may be useful.

To check your float specs - Basscliff has a carb. tuning section: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
              1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
              1977 GS550
              1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Working...
              X