Front suspension replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front suspension replacement

Hi I´m new to this forum, I´m 20 years old and from Portugal, i got a 1983 Suzuki gs 450L.
    I´m rebuilding her into something like a brat style.
    The Front Forks tubes have been rechromed by the previous owner and the chrome is peeling off and has major oil leaks. I need help to now what should i do.
    Should i remove the rest of the chrome replace the seals and ride her like that or should i buy new fork tubes and if so any fork tubes with the same diameter and length will work? or should I buy a new suspension and if so what would be a good donor bike that will have an easy adaptation.
    thanks

If there's any pitting or chrome missing within the travel area your forks will leak. I guess if you find tubes the exact same length and diameter, but that will be pretty hard, they will work but really the easiest thing would be to buy another set over ebay or possibly from this site if someone has some kicking around. You could rechrome the ones you have but pretty costly. Oh ya, welcome to the site.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Newer model GS 500 MIGHT be a bolt on.
      Ray.

Comment

Working...
      X