GS400S How can I go about these mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS400S How can I go about these mods?

I am a complete newbie to the world of motorcycles. I have almost no mechanical experience but my father isn't too bad(had 3 bikes in his time).
    I recently purchased a GS400S$_27.JPG

I want to kind of give it a cafe/brat look. I will start by painting the tank and getting a front EMGO fairing. I have to get new tires for the road(does anyone know the OEM tire size of this model?).
    How hard is it to install a universal flat seat?

Any advice or tips are welcome

Start with a 400L.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Dude, if that bike is as clean and complete as that picture makes it look, do a stock restore. Please dont cut up a beauty. If it was a junker, do what youd like. Most of the custom bikes you see on the web started as highley coroded "barn/field finds" and because they already require tons of work do they get that "custom build" treatment.

That being said...... its your bike homie.

Comment

I agree. Plenty of beaters out there with a title for cheap.
        Would suck to see a nice original bike get hacked up.
        Dislike.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
          I agree. Plenty of beaters out there with a title for cheap.
          Would suck to see a nice original bike get hacked up.
          Dislike.
          I can see where you guys are coming from... So how about i only add a front fairing and paint the bike(i cant stand the colors)?

Anyone know a good Rattle can spray paint step by step guide? I've seen some good results from people that were real patient but I get mixed up with all the steps

Comment

Originally posted by Rhum View Post
            So how about i only add a front fairing and paint the bike(i cant stand the colors)?
            Just close your eyes and ride it. It's a nice looking bike, and you can't see much of it when you're riding anyway.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
            X