• Show
Clear All

No, it's still good. Not swollen.

Didnt know it was NLA.

Comment

Originally posted by Runeight View Post
      No, it's still good. Not swollen.

Didnt know it was NLA.
      It's not discontinued.....just on backorder from Suzuki Japan. Being made in Japan with an unknown date of availability. That's what the parts dealers tell me.

Comment

Got it, thanks.

Comment

Parts arrived from CMS. Pretty quick I might add. Intake pipes. Everything from the head back to the air box will be new.

Comment

Well this is now clean!

And ready for paint.

Before.

After.

Comment

Looks good.

Gunkote is good for calipers.
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Why wait till morning? Rebuilt forks are in!

New seals, dust boots, lower bolts with copper washers, new copper washers in drain screws and new O rings in the top. Yup, even the air valve.

Thoughts on running air? Prefer not to if possible.

Last edited by Guest; 04-30-2016, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Everything buttoned up. New speedo, tach cable.

I just can't bring myself to paint it Silver. I say Black. Will see.

Comment

Front caliper is done. All new parts. Boy, was that piston seal a pain in the azz! Took me forever.

Comment

Right side, new emblem.

I have a new OEM emblem for the left side but cleaned up the original one.

Comment

Originally posted by Runeight View Post
                        Everything buttoned up. New speedo, tach cable.

I just can't bring myself to paint it Silver. I say Black. Will see.

I looked at the pictures Googled of '83s and the one I liked most was red. There's already plenty of black; the thing that swayed me was the front fender. With black forks, the fender just jumped out against the black fork and silver wheel. With the rest of the bodywork red - with Suzuki in white - the front end ties in all the way back to the tail.

I know, you already have a red bike, but the combination of the cases leading back through the peg mount bracket and the red end to end would make use of the styling rather than just rendering it a black lump with a silver motor.

It's already red, black and silver, but they got the red and silver the wrong way round for me.
                        '82 GS450T

Comment

I hear you John. Tough call. My friend has Viper Red on the shelf so I wouldn't have to buy paint. On the other hand updating the color to say metallic gray would work with Silver decals.

Toyota makes a deep gray that looks real good. Eye the color for me when out and about and get back with me. 2012 and up. Paint is not foreseen anytime soon. Still undecided.

Comment

Pingle petcock with adapter ordered. Post Tips as this is a one time shot.

TIA.

Comment

Can't fix stupid..

Here we go again. Special order a chain guard and some idiot thinks that if it doesn't fit in the box just shove it in. Now I have to deal with the return and use what little time I have.

Babbitt's Suzuki should know better. This will make the third part I have to return due to defects. As you can see its bent pretty good.

I insist they pay return shipping. Should not incur cost to me due to their stupidity.
                              Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2016, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Dennis Kirk did a better job.

Comment

Working...
                                X