No announcement yet.

GSX400E Project Suzzie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I would work on the rear turn signals. They were pretty scratched and scuffed.

I think this is acceptable.

Comment

No you have to get new onesJoking of course.

Comment

Tell us about TrueDisk?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Subscribed
          1983 GS650G
          Build thread: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=66251.0

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            Tell us about TrueDisk?
            I have used Tom in the past. Meausure your rotor and check if within spec. Drop it in the mail. Flat Rate at USPS works best. Pack it well, very well, as rotors are easily broken. He will invoice you via PP and return USPS.

Turnaround is usually same day. I mailed mine on a Monday, received it back on Saturday. $45.00 for turning plus ship each way. We can't do much about shipping and USPS just raised the rates.

www.truedisk.net

Comment

Temporarily mounted the front wheel. Nothing is tight, just wanted it out of the way for now.

Starting to look like a motorcycle again.

Still waiting on a clutch cable I should of put in the first order. The entire rear end of the bike is waiting on this part.

Pretty much cleaned everything and getting ready to remove the right cover and ignition. Hope everything is marked correctly on the ignition side of things.

Comment

Rear wheel is ready to go.

Looks real clean inside. Probably should pull the clutch and meausure things although it looks good.

And working on the right cover.

No need to sand the ignition cover as I have an OEM on the shelf.

Comment

A little further today.

Have the rear wheel, new chain, sprockets and tires mounted. New clutch cable hooked to the sprocket cover. Rear fender next.

Starting to look like a motorcycle.

Comment

When completed = Bike of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                      When completed = Bike of the month.
                      I don't know about that but thank you for the compliment.

Comment

Next up is replacing the O rings in the Carburetor boots. I've tinkered with them off and on. They just won't budge. 30 plus years of holding on.

Not sure what to use. Can't get an impact driver in there. Could try cutting the heads off but then you risk damage to the boots. Can't apply heat. Barley get vice grips on the heads. Lordy, Lordy.

Will see I suppose.

Comment

You can get an impact in there if you use a few socket extensions and come in from where the rear wheel would be if it were there. I have done many this way. Use a big hammer, you may not have a lot of space to swing it. PB Blaster or your equivalent of choice helps too.

The bike is looking great by the way.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I've had success with a stubby screwdriver with a vicegrip on the handle; just push hard into the screw and turn. Don't push it off the centerstand. Judging by the condition of the bike, the screws shouldn't be corroded in.

The earlier bikes had chrome cam end caps; I'm undecided on which looks best, but have a spare set of chrome ones about if you want to experiment. At least I should have them somewhere. They'll be scarce down there.
                            '82 GS450T

Comment

Thanks guys. I have a vessel impact but I'll wait and see what the neighbor has. Used his before I bought mine of which he might have smaller bits. Using a 3E, just a little to big.

They are starting to round out too. I have fought many a screw on old Honda restorations but these things won't budge. I'll soak them up today and enjoy the rain. We love rain in Arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post

The bike is looking great by the way.
                                Thank you Tom.

Still thinking on the exhaust. I hate to put you through boxing them up for a shipping quote. Are they in Colorado or elsewhere? Can't keep track of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X