Gs425e project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs425e project

Picked up a 1979 GS425E today. This bike is something of a joint venture fix and flip with a friend of mine. We did a fairly thorough inspection before buying and i think we made out alright. It even starts without much effort! (This is a first for me as I've never bought a bike that runs.) the goal here is to spend as little as we can bit atill make the bike somewhat more presentable and sellable.
    Pics to come. It's a little difficult from my phone.

of course tonight would be the night my camera flash craps out

Comment

Cool, make sure you post before and after pictures.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Sweet! Looks clean from what I can see.

Comment

Thanks! Yeah it looks good from 5 feet lol but it's got tsome blemishing like the exhaust headers are pretty rusty, missing left side cover (which if anyone has an extra in the right color i'd be more than happy to buy it) and something is bent in the front end. We realized some things were scratched and bent indicating a crash but didn't think to look down the forks for straightness relative to handlebars and sure enough, the wheel is cocked a couple degrees to the left. Luckily there's a front end minus wheel and brake on ebay so i think that's as good as fixed.
          Progress will be slow at first, if any for a little while due to personal issues and also i need to finish getting my 1000G back together to make room in the shop.

Comment

Working...
          X