Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

You need more room.......
      1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
      1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

That's your old garage right?.......because that one looks like someone's been living in there for 20 years.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Definitely could/would use more room in the garage...not an option at the moment though. Just need to be more efficient with the space I have.
          It is the new garage....It took a couple months of moving and arranging to get everything in there in a remotely organized fashion...
          More organized, but it seems like I have less room now that I can find everything....

Comment

Dodge Coronet grille above the tires?
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Yes....I bought it for my 66 Charger that I was putting fiberglass fenders/hood and doors on. The original Charger headlight set up weighed a ton with with all the die cast parts and motors to turn the lights. But I never put the car together....and thats all I have left of a long dead project.
              I was a Mopar lover since I was 14 and bought my first car....a 1970 GTX with air grabber and a busted oilpump shaft in the 440....all for $125.....in 1977
              Had many more after that..... All I have now is a 1990 Dodge 1 ton van.....

The only picture I have left of the GTX....I know I have pics of the Charger somewhere....?
              ads-cars-bikes 070.jpg
              Last edited by Guest; 11-01-2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Nice. Those first gen Chargers are funky cool. I sold my long dormant ElCamino project earlier this year. I put a spare, not worth the time to sell grille up on my the garage wall. Someday I’ll wire up the headlights to work ....
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

I gave up on cars all together.....Sold it all...except for a few parts and pieces for decoration....
                  They take up too much room, many parts too heavy to move around alone, RUST...., and the cost has gone insane, compared to the days of going swap meet hunting in the late 70's early 80's.....
                  And most important.... Bikes are cheaper and go much faster for the same investment

Comment

Originally posted by busa1300 View Post
                    I gave up on cars all together.....Sold it all...except for a few parts and pieces for decoration....
                    They take up too much room, many parts too heavy to move around alone, RUST...., and the cost has gone insane, compared to the days of going swap meet hunting in the late 70's early 80's.....
                    And most important.... Bikes are cheaper and go much faster for the same investment
                    Funny, I have gone the same way. Datsun Z cars for about 18 years, then into Land Cruisers for 15 years. Now back to bikes after a 30 year break.

Sooo much easier, less space required, way less $$$ for way more fun. No hoists, engine cranes, getting 3-4 pals to help with big heavy things. But the biggest thing, as you said, RUST!

Cheers
                    1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
                    1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

With all the eye candy in that picture it took me awhile to see the grille
                      I would have guessed a Charger or Fury

The Coronet:
                      1967-Dodge-Coronet-Muscle & Pony Cars--Car-100850707-c325051fd9ce8dc704620ecf0915bdd7.jpg
                      Last edited by Notz; 11-01-2017, 10:05 PM.

Comment

True on all counts, though in an alternate world where I had the time, money, and space, I would have a car or parts chaser old pickup.
                        60s hot rods wers my first love. I swerved into bikes, then got hooked when I bought my second bike, and first GS around '91.
                        It wouldn't even have to be a nice car, just reliable enough to enjoy and survive abuse- I was into rat rods before the ridiculous term was coined, before they were a build theme, and simply called beaters.

Rattymusclecars.com has become a spot I check out regularly. A place where car guys just fix sh1t and drive it as is. As it used to be......
                        sigpic

Glen
                        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

I gave up on cars too... like previously stated.. bikes are cheaper and take up less space.. i still have my f100 hanging around.. and have plans for it.. but the motor swap i want is gonna be 6k + not including trans.. then thr rest of the truck still needs to be gone through.. then thr paint i want is crazy expensive.. factory nissan r34gtr color called midnight purple.. its Iridescent goes from dark purple to blue to bronze.. my last gs when i got rid of it i had about 600 into...
                          I build Pipers

Comment

I had rx7's, merkur xr4ti's, a few mustangs.. nothing struck me the way my buddys stretched skunk did with its big bore and 3rd gear rolling burnouts lol then i got my first 850 and it was hook line and sinker i was done.. no more cars
                            I build Pipers

Comment

I've got plans for a V8 MGB yet, but for now, the only V8 is in the G20, but damn, I love that van.
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

This van...?.....$1000
                                It paid for it's self the first month I had it when I took it on a 1600 mile round trip to pick up a couple of RGV's in Virginia.
                                I got it cheap because the guy said no one wanted it because of the paint....
                                Looked like the perfect bike hauler to me....

Last edited by Guest; 11-09-2017, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X