• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the details

Comment

My roommate playing with the tig last month haha
      I build Pipers

Comment

Had a wind storm today and the gate blew down.. the gs is perfect for holding the gate so the pup doesn't get out haha
        I build Pipers

Comment

If you still have the two little chrome covers that go over the head pipe to muffler weld, I might want to buy them. They looked rusty, but not like the head pipes. They might clean up.
          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Theyre long gone
            I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post

Had a wind storm today and the gate blew down.. the gs is perfect for holding the gate so the pup doesn't get out haha
              I been thinkin' that can would look mo-betta if you shortened it by 6-8 inches. Won't cost anything.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                I been thinkin' that can would look mo-betta if you shortened it by 6-8 inches. Won't cost anything.
                I too have thought this, im going to pull it apart this weekend for cleaning and polishing, night chop it down a bit
                I build Pipers

Comment

There?
                  I build Pipers

Comment

There?
                    Too much, IMO. I would cut it so the can ends just in front of the lower shock mount, about where the 'c' is in Vance on the logo. Of course, you know how the old saying about opinions goes...

Mark
                    1982 GS1100E
                    1998 ZX-6R
                    2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

The end of the aluminum or sot that the end of the tip will be at the shock?
                      I build Pipers

Comment

As an artist, I would find the “magic” proportion.
                        Measure the can, not the ends, cut off 1/3.
                        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

The end of the aluminum or sot that the end of the tip will be at the shock?
                          The end of the can, I would leave the tip going past the shock mount a bit.

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                          As an artist, I would find the “magic” proportion.
                          Measure the can, not the ends, cut off 1/3.
                          That doesn't sound too crazy to me, should end up in the same ballpark as my suggestion.

Mark
                          1982 GS1100E
                          1998 ZX-6R
                          2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Yeah, im liking it. Think im finally gonna polish out the header tonight too
                            I build Pipers

Comment

Ill post pics. I need to do all the free crap anyways while im saving for the next round of crap i have to buy
                              I build Pipers

Comment

Before you chop up the can, why not cover the questioned part with black tape, step back and have a look see. So you dont have to uncut it
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X