No announcement yet.

gs1000g mild cafe build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and grimly have been talking about a Cade wheel conversion. With the Cade swingarm and rear diff, ect. Should be pretty sweet when it's done

Comment

Love the ingenuity , effort and perseverance- epic
      78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
      82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
      83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
      2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
      Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post

Not an exact matchto the kat 17 but the spokes ar that same twisted fat to thin thing lol theres just 2 more haha, aughta look pretty cool when done
        So Joe, how did you come to figure out about this swap?
        Maybe write a short version of this swap and post it, for other GSrs.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
          So Joe, how did you come to figure out about this swap?
          Maybe write a short version of this swap and post it, for other GSrs.
          Im definitely planning on it, theres a couple things i want to sort out before I do.
          I build Pipers

Comment

long way from where it started, huh?
            Long way, and I'm really curious how the bike will turn out in the end. Not much work remaining, right?

Oh who am I kidding. It's always at least double the amount one expects. And then some...
            #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
            #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
            #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
            #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Haha yeah man there's no end in sight haha.. but for me to register it and plate it im just waiting on funds for tires and i need to wire in the brake light switch for the hand brake, and re-run the rear brake hose.. next winter im going to strip it ans fix all my halfassings with the paint on the frame and probably do the 1100 top end.. Definitely going to be installing proper rate springs up front soon but thats not too high on my list as all the roads are straight here so i can get away with soft forks for a bit. 3/4" of sag when i sit on it and im 225 lbs so thats not bad considering they're for a bike like 175lbs lighter. Rearsets are on the list too but and i need to stop procrastinating and make a seat.. all in all the light at the end of the tunnel is there
              I build Pipers

Comment

Just to throw this out there on the wire wheel possibility.
                I bought a hub after seeing this, and it looks like a near direct bolt on... Only problem is it has 56 spokes, so
                a company that will drill a blank rim is needed....SUN RIMS is one that will....up to 5.5 I believe.
                Rotor side looks like and easy swap....

Madura hub (1).jpg

Originally posted by Chuck78 View Post
                THAT is excellent! Very nice... steepening the rake also shortens the wheelbase slightly, extra bonus for more crisp handling!

I'm really curious about that wore spoke shafts drive rear wheel mentioned above now... one of those would go killer with a 4.25x17 rim in back and a 2.50x17 or 2.75x17 front....
                Keep moving on this thing man, the progress is great!

Comment

I did have to remove the spacer that was between the caliper bracket and swinger, then added about 1/8th inch of spacer between the katana bracket and swingarm. If thats got the 295mm rotor id be willing to bet you could use the factory brake parts
                  I build Pipers

Comment

Looks like your hub is missing a few bits of the cush drive, but man that will look killer if it works
                    I build Pipers

Comment

Over the past 3 weeks my employment has become "unreliable" at best. Im looking for a new job, but i am falling very behind very fast. The for sale post is in the classifieds. If it doesnt sell then ill be continuing this thread, if it does then until next time fellas
                      I build Pipers

Comment

Bummer! Best 'O luck!
                        My 7/11 track bike will be on ebay soon. Good times and not so good times.
                        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Damn! Best of luck on the employment end. I'd love to see this completed.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Over the past 3 weeks my employment has become "unreliable" at best. Im looking for a new job, but i am falling very behind very fast. The for sale post is in the classifieds. If it doesnt sell then ill be continuing this thread, if it does then until next time fellas
                            I'm hiring at UCF... what skills you got?

Comment

Thats too far away man, im locked in a lease for now.
                              I do appreciate your offer though, thanks!
                              Last edited by thebrandonbeezy; 03-21-2017, 10:27 PM.
                              I build Pipers

Comment

Mostly heavy line mechanic work, and some interior stuff for automotive
                                I build Pipers

Comment

Working...
                                X