Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The neighborhood 450 (everyone's tried to work on this thing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got some time to install the new float.
    Can you guess which one is from a Bs34 and which one is from a Vm24?
    (it's the left one)
    Rode around for 30 minutes with no issues. Going to try riding to work in the morning so please wish me luck.

Comment

Sooo.....
      New spark plugs for todays ride to work. Pulled them out after I got home and they where wet. I'm not sure whats going on as the bike ran great with no issues that I could feel. Thoughts? I'm going to double check the gap. I hope its just an incomplete burn, but I would think it would still pop or sputter or something.

Comment

T couldn't get my GS450A to run quite right all summer. Cleaned the carbs, bought a caliper to set float height, new O-rings and intakes, it kept wet fouling on one side. Finally pulled everything apart to start over and found the O-rings around the float needle receiver were leaking. Couldn't adjust that out with jets or pilot screw!!

Comment

After another round of cleaning the carbs and flushing the tank and fuel lines. Shes running great.
          Had time to install new handlebars and a new clutch cable.
          The other bars had no rise to them so the clutch cable had to stay bent a little at a weird angel.
          The new bars fix this and also let me set at a more relaxed and upright position.

15135914_565112597019349_6772383722959390171_ntu.jpg

Comment

Here's a pic of how the old wheel bearing looks.
            I found the stock speed-o gear on the front hub was sooo dry. No grease or lube of any kind.
            Both gears where in great shape so I greased everything and installed the new bearings.
            Went for about an hour ride to visit a friend and it was so smooth. No noise or out of the ordinary sounds.
            I love the new handlebars. The 4" rise helps me sit more upright and my lower back is loving it.
            15094972_568073840056558_88760.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X