1979 gs750e bobber project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 gs750e bobber project

Hi just a little history before my questions. I recently picked up a 79 gs750 and I'm hoping to turn it into a bobber and I'd like to change to pods and a 4 into 1 exhaust. I've searched for a jet kit to suitable for this but apparently dynojet don't do any for the vm26ss carbs that are on it does any know of any available anywhere?
    My next question is what would be a nice looking transferable gas tank to put on it, something a little better than stock mine is too bad of condition to reuse without a lot of work.

I sent you question to my friend. I'll let you know what he thinks.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Do you have any photos of your bike? I just recently came to own a '79 GS750E as well, and was considering bobbing it, though I'm not sure I will yet. Have you started on it yet?

Comment

bobbers make me want to barf.

Comment

To each their own. I wouldn't bob a standard, as the L models are more suited for the style, as are v-twin cruisers. Just remember when you start removing and altering the suspension, you lose the riding distance your body will be able to handle.
          GSRick
          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

No I don't have photos I unfortunately work on the road a lot so may be a slow process. But I do have it to the bare frame. And I may be changing my mind of the 4 to 1 exhaust I came across several mufflers at a garage sale on the weekend so who knows

Comment

Working...
            X