1980 gs1100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 gs1100e

Here's my 1980 GS1100E. I'm the second owner...bought if from the original owner in a state of mild disrepair. Still in pretty good shape, but had sat in the garage for quite a while (he said two years, but I'm suspicious). Rebuilt the carbs, refreshed the carb boots (wintergreen oil and xylene!), polished the case covers, replaced the fork seals, installed new wheel bearings and tires, and a gave it a thorough scrubbing. I'm still working on finishing it up and replacing parts to bring it back to factory fresh (or close to it) condition. Parts I'm still looking for:

Good condition exhaust (this one is functional, but has significant rust pitting and a few small holes)
    Right side frame cover (this one would be great except for a crack and resultant large paint chip)

I'll keep my eye on ebay and facebook marketplace, but if you have either of these, I'd love to hear from you.

IMG_0711.jpg
    Last edited by Guest; 02-02-2018, 08:38 PM.

I have a maybe better 80/81 exhaust but cracked in the collector like most are. I will try to drag it out and take pics. Shipping is a killer though, Amazon has driven the rates for the rest of us WAY up. Last one I bought was $160 usps shipping

Check with trippivot, he is in Iowa too and has a LOT of GS stuff.
    sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I believe I've found a replacement exhaust and should be on its way from Indiana. Still on the lookout for a sidecover. I'll try to get in touch with trippivot.

Comment

02-09-2018, 10:34 PM
        Thanks for the reply. I believe I've found a replacement exhaust and should be on its way from Indiana. Still on the lookout for a sidecover. I'll try to get in touch with trippivot.

Hello Barber 1303,

I am searching for a decent stock exhaust replacement for a 1980 GS1100E. I see you found one in Indiana. Any leads on any more?

Thanks,

Rossiter
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
        X