Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which to rebuild? 83 750E(S)

which to rebuild? 83 750E(S)

Look at my signature. Gonna combine these into one good one, an if enough pieces, the other (which I don't really care about) will be a 'runner' or bastardised in some way.

1 how to determine which engine to think about as the primary?

2 I don't mind cleaning carbs,,,but a part of me just wants to see if it will run before I do anything. Ideas?

3 what to look at / think about / assess / do / prelim diag before diving into this?

Thanks in advance,
    Andy
    Attached Files
    1981 GS750L - Owned since 1990 when graduated high school and since have been discovering all the things not disclosed by seller.
    1983 GS750E - bought in 2016 as a rough runner to use while rebuilding 81L and then to combine with ES to make one good one
    1983 GS750ES - bought in Toronto in 2015 on a lark as a non-runner, missing front cowling and exhaust - If you have a 1983 750ES front cowling let me know! Blue would be nice

the other one
    Attached Files
    1981 GS750L - Owned since 1990 when graduated high school and since have been discovering all the things not disclosed by seller.
    1983 GS750E - bought in 2016 as a rough runner to use while rebuilding 81L and then to combine with ES to make one good one
    1983 GS750ES - bought in Toronto in 2015 on a lark as a non-runner, missing front cowling and exhaust - If you have a 1983 750ES front cowling let me know! Blue would be nice

Comment

To decide which engine is the primary, I'd drop the sumps and examine the contents...Any gold coloured pieces are probably bearing material and would rule that engine out. Otherwise, the cleanest is probably the best looked after.

Comment

Working...
      X