1978 Suzuki GS750 cafe racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 Suzuki GS750 cafe racer

Hello everybody, my project bike has now been on the road for about 6 months. There are some photos in my profile album, and I also want to thank GS resources for all the guidance and information that helped me get to where Suzy Q is looking great and running smooth. Thank you all and ride safe.
    Justo

Glad to hear!

Btw, I'm currently in Sydney. What a beautiful country!
    Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
    2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

A worthy build.
      How much does it weigh?

Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 08-30-2019, 08:07 AM.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Nice. Now if only everyone who picked up a Sawzall carried the project through to such a standard, there would be a lot less animosity towards it.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Thanks Bill, I must admit I have no idea how it weighs now. However she is more nimble than when in standard trim.

Comment

That painted frame really pops! Metallic or just high gloss colour paint?
            1982 GS650e - Cafe or Scrambler...that is the question...

Comment

Hey Justo, mate that's an awesome job!

I must've missed this and I didn't realise there was another Qld'er on here.

We'll have to catch up at some point, would love to have a good close look at the GS.
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Powder coat on the frame, illusion orange/cherry from prismatic powders. It gets a lot of comments.

Comment

Gidday Pete, I'm on the Sunny coast and ride through the hinterland mostly, let me know with a private message if you're up this way and we can head to Rick's garage for a coffee/beer and quick blast.
                  Originally posted by pete View Post
                  Hey Justo, mate that's an awesome job!

I must've missed this and I didn't realise there was another Qld'er on here.

We'll have to catch up at some point, would love to have a good close look at the GS.

Comment

Wow!

That's a beauty!

I think a smaller CC bike would be better...simply because it should be compact.

But racing in between pubs would be sweet no matter what!

Ton Up!

Ed
                    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Not taking anything away from your bike, which I think is beautiful and very well done, but is there an actual seat cushion, or do you sit on the fiberglass pan. Makes my ass ache just looking at it.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                        Not taking anything away from your bike, which I think is beautiful and very well done, but is there an actual seat cushion, or do you sit on the fiberglass pan. Makes my ass ache just looking at it.
                        There's a second pic with cushion...I thought the same thing but then again, it's not my bum on that seat... lol!

Ed
                        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Ah, now I see it. I looked at that pic many times, the cushion sort of disappears. This really is a gorgeous motorcycle.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Agreed! Gorgeous it is!

But until ONE rides one, we haven't got a clue how good it is!

Ed
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Beautifully done! Where did you get your seat and seat pan?
                              1969 Honda CL350 Cafe
                              1980 Suzuki GS550L cafe project Link
                              2019 Yamaha MT-09
                              2016 Honda CBR650F(wife’s bike)
                              2001 Honda CBR600F4i(Son's bike)

Comment

Working...
                              X