82 GS1100E Mr Turbo Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    Agreed. Nice pics and documentation as well. Good luck Tom.
    Thanks, it seems to be getting some action, couple bids already. Later tonight and the weekend should bring out those not surfing on work time.
    Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
    '79 GS100E
    Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

I made a note of the previous seller's H2 on BaT - this is the bike. The only one that ever scared him, he asked the builder of one featured in an article in one of the 70s mags callled "Kings of the Street" to make him the absolute fastest H2. He put 400 on the side covers as a sleeper type mod. Hit the 1K powerband about 90 and almost lost it.

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
      '79 GS100E
      Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Sold, waiting to hear from buyer. Got $13,550 which is OK by me.
        Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
        '79 GS100E
        Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Someone got a killer deal.
          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
            Nice one..............
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Wow, congrats! I hope they take care of it.
              - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
              - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                Someone got a killer deal.
                I sure did when I got it for $1K . So many of the comments were about evil handling, widow maker, death trap etc. Of course nobody had ever ridden it - it rides fantastic. I had to bite my tongue.
                Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                '79 GS100E
                Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Evil handling? They must have gotten mixed up with the KZ900/1000. And really now, didn't this thing have time slips for 180+mph in speed runs? How bad could it handle and do that repeatedly?
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

This is what I fear every time I see a new post here. Goodbye, Mr. Turbo. Sir.

And thank YOU for rebuilding, and sharing it with us. I'll soy-ten-ly remember this a long time.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post

This is what I fear every time I see a new post here. Goodbye, Mr. Turbo. Sir.

And thank YOU for rebuilding, and sharing it with us. I'll soy-ten-ly remember this a long time.
                      Edit - they put a 5% hold so 675$ before the person can bid, so hopefully legit. Could be some kid using parent's card though

I'm suspecting a scam bidder, no answer to Email, phone straight to generic recording, joined this month and made one snide comment on another auction a few minutes before the end.
                      Last edited by oldGSfan; 09-16-2022, 09:16 PM.
                      Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                      '79 GS100E
                      Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Edit - they put a 5% hold so 675$ before the person can bid, so hopefully legit. Could be some kid using parent's card though

I'm suspecting a scam bidder, no answer to Email, phone straight to generic recording, joined this month and made one snide comment on another auction a few minutes before the end.
                        It wasn't me! Though I can't say I'm saddened that it'll be spending a few more days with you.

What if It's acquired by some evil man who locks it away and doesn't let anybody see or hear it?
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

It wasn't me! Though I can't say I'm saddened that it'll be spending a few more days with you.

What if It's acquired by some evil man who locks it away and doesn't let anybody see or hear it?
                          I got a reply where he tries to blame BaT for a bid he meant for another bike. And that I should ask to end the auction, as if it is still going on. A real Mensa guy. Great, and I am scheduled to move out of state in days.
                          Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                          '79 GS100E
                          Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

I made a note of the previous seller's H2 on BaT - this is the bike. The only one that ever scared him, he asked the builder of one featured in an article in one of the 70s mags callled "Kings of the Street" to make him the absolute fastest H2. He put 400 on the side covers as a sleeper type mod. Hit the 1K powerband about 90 and almost lost it.

I love to see an H2 next to a Z1. Both have pipes, clip-ons and Grab Ons, and confidently announce, "We take all comers."

Positively gorgeous stock paint. "Widow Maker, meet Widow Maker the Second."

Comment

I got a reply where he tries to blame BaT for a bid he meant for another bike. And that I should ask to end the auction, as if it is still going on. A real Mensa guy. Great, and I am scheduled to move out of state in days.
                              Coming to New York? You can keep Mr. Turbo in my living room, next to my 11EZ. While this would be too much to hope for, it's actually a serious offer. My Suzi's been lonely ever since I destroyed my Sporty.

Comment

Coming to New York? You can keep Mr. Turbo in my living room, next to my 11EZ. While this would be too much to hope for, it's actually a serious offer. My Suzi's been lonely ever since I destroyed my Sporty.
                                Sure! Actually no, staying out West. The high bidder skunked me, BringaTrailer put me in touch with 2nd highest bidder and waived buyer's fees, and he agreed to buy it. I lost a couple hundred $ but am OK, thankfully not impacting my move.
                                Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                                '79 GS100E
                                Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Working...
                                X