GSX 750 ET 80s muscle bike light resto daily rider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX 750 ET 80s muscle bike light resto daily rider

Hi Everyone hope we are all keeping safe with covid.

Greetings from Cheshire in England UK.

31 year old with my first Suzuki GSX750ET/EX Had a few Suzuki's over the past few years gsx-r 600k9 gsx-r 750 l1. My Dad rides a GSX-R 750 K9 an his bro got a GSX750 ET just before the lockdown.

Originally she was a usa import GS750E came into the country with an engine that had let go. The previous owner over here fitted a new engine in an I've been working on fine tuning her.

Ride a Norton 650SS from 1967 as a daily rider including Christmas Day.
    This was a picture of my dad's bro's GSX750 back in the 80's they both had them back in the day in the same colour.

On a Run out to Matlock Bath when I got her a few years back.

Got lucky an managed to get a new old stock tank for her

Took her for an Mot back in January which she flew through.

It was to nice an evening not to have another ride out locally an catch some sun decided to get my 750 ET out grin factor 110% Really loved her with the new bars and the Ohlins shocks.
    Suzuki need to make more GSX 750's an GSXR 750's perfect road bikes.
    Next things I need to do are find a set of the Suzuki badges that go into the headlight shell.
    Paint an decal up my new side panels.

The next step's on her are to rebuild the front forks I believe they are GS750EX air forks from 1981 so need to decide what to do with those was thinking of converting them to work normally? Looking forward to having a read up through the old posts.

I need to find a paint code or a good match for the uk/europe tanks looks like the black has a tiny bit of a flip in it. So I can paint my side panels and tail unit an get the matching decals on.

Going to re balance the carbs tomorrow and have a go at the colour tune as well.

Gonna fit some Metzler's on as well.

An source a set of headlight badges.

All in all riding it this week compared to my Fireblade Suzuki's really are awesome!!

All the best,

Tom
    Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2020, 12:43 PM.

Did some work getting the carbs a bit better set up next weeks job is forks an sussing out the paint code to match the nos tank anyone got any suggestions?

Comment

You got my credit. Nice Bike and pics thereof.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Got out again on her today lil social distancing ride.

Gonna look at rebuilding the forks later this week need to get some bushings etc
        An decide between yss or progressive springs.

Comment

Had a great lil ride after the clap for carers
          Decided to go up the Cat and Fiddle with dad he followed me on his gsxr 750 was really fun to try the shocks on a propper road. Was totally empty as well an we got to see a stunning sunset.
          Ordered the fork bushes an seals so gonna do those first then look at springs.
          Decided to get some Metzlers roadtec 01's.
          Going to need a reg/rec as well my uncles just went on his an he's fitted a new one so mine must have got jealous haha!

Comment

Originally posted by norton.rider View Post
            Ride a Norton 650SS from 1967 as a daily rider...
            Originally posted by norton.rider View Post
            anyone got any suggestions?
            Yes. Show us some pics of the Norton.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Can do one better than that Rob
              Here's a video from Christmas day out in the fog
              I bought the 650ss from the original owner was a very special experience an a bike I'll never sell. Painted her myself an done all the engine work an setup

Comment

Really great looking bike. Just one question: what badges go in (or on) the headlight shell? Is that a Eurobike thing?
                Expecting the Spanish Inquisition
                1981 GS850G: the Ratzuki
                1981 GS1100E

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply yep they are black badges that go where the reflectors go really hard to get hold of in the uk but they were fitted from new I've got a picture of my Dad's bro's GSX from the 80s that I'll post shortly that shows them they both had gsx750's in the same colour as mine's gonna be!

Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2020, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Been out again catching some sun in other news the forkseals have just came with the bushes so gonna be getting those swapped out on the forks.

Comment

Racetech emulators & an appropriate straight weight spring would be what you want in those forks to match the Ohlins...

That's what I run. In an 83 1100E fork though.
                      1980 GS1000G - Sold
                      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                      X