Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoiler Alert: MotoGP (or any other race) thread for immediate disscussion of races.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler Alert: MotoGP (or any other race) thread for immediate disscussion of races.

Hi Folks, post your thoughts on the races here, no waiting. Before, during or afterwards, let's not hold back the energy!
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Looking forward to this weeks race in Texas!
    No signature

Comment

The Alien Ant, Rossi Intimidator, or whatever you call him, He's gonna be in Texas.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Personally i think Marquez's career is going to be a very short one. He wants the fame, results and cult following that Rossi had (has), but he is doing himself far too much damage trying.
        Despite what he thinks, he is not an invincible super hero and sooner, rather than later he is going to suffer an injury that he will just not be able to recover from, and that will end his career as a motorcycle racer.
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

My senior trackday buddies & I have been betting just for fun on who podiums. Not really the exact order, but whoever is gonna be up there.

GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            Personally i think Marquez's career is going to be a very short one. He wants the fame, results and cult following that Rossi had (has), but he is doing himself far too much damage trying.
            Despite what he thinks, he is not an invincible super hero and sooner, rather than later he is going to suffer an injury that he will just not be able to recover from, and that will end his career as a motorcycle racer.
            That final injury could happen this weekend. Nobody takes his kind of risks.
            I hope it don't, but that's his way.
            Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 04-06-2022, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Any predictions for the podium in Austin?
              I heard some made before Marquez booked a flight.
              I'll just predict; 2 Ducati and 1 Suzuki in that order.

Comment

I like to wait thru qualifying sessions to see who's progressing & find out who's on pole to get a better understanding of who might pounce in the top 8, before making a guess.

Last race I thought Marini VR46 might get his 1st podium, as he was close & a mistake by dudes ahead might promote him a spot.
                I thought the Espargaro bros might podium together, which would've been super cool, as those guys have put in mind boggling amount effort over many years.

For Aleix to win for Aprillia, after early day struggles with Aprillia, shows the depth of his determination.
                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                  Any predictions for the podium in Austin?
                  I heard some made before Marquez booked a flight.
                  I'll just predict; 2 Ducati and 1 Suzuki in that order.
                  I certainly wouldn't bet against Marquez, he'll be the odds on favorite. At least one and maybe two Ducatis for the other slots. Martin and Bagnaia would be my guess.
                  Wouldn't be surprised to see either Rins or Mir up there either.
                  '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

I'm gonna go with Miller, Bastianini, Mir. Not necessarily in that order.

Might be 3 Ducati's, but wanted to give another brand a chance since the pole sitter wasn't using all the top speed available & still managed pole.

Comment

I'm thinking 1-4 Ducati sweep.

Comment

Rins!

What a great race, well, except for MM 93
                        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                        2007 DRz 400S
                        1999 ATK 490ES
                        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Has everyone noticed Ducati is having problems with their new 2022 bike?
                          So far, last year's bike in their satellite programs is way more competitive.

Comment

The Ducati '22 bike made a positive step last week. Something about changing the front end setup. The '21 bike is completely sorted, though, and really hard to beat.
                            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Predictions for Portimao: Marquez, Bastianini, Quartararo on podium.

Comment

Working...
                              X