No announcement yet.

Post Your Race/Track bike Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That picture is awesome. I would guess the wheel came off the ground due to it being a wrinkle wall drag slick. It expands circumference (alot in some cases depending on air pressure and tire design) when he nails it @ the line, when it stood up he probably immediately chopped the throttle causing the tire to return to its natural size and the photographer caught this moment.

Comment

The machine in the far lane is a GS1100e powered machine and easily the fastest in our orginization. He runs 100yds in basically 3 secs flat. im not sure which engine set up he has on it in this vid, hes got a couple w/ big bore kits and nitrous. BTW, the world record for 100yds off-road is 2.76secs for atv's/bikes. This is a video.

Comment

This is the current iteration of the GS1000 Post Classic (Vintage to you yanks) racebike I look after for the owner/rider.
        He arrived back in NZ on Tuesday and rode it in it's new form only on Friday - then we were off to the Greymouth street races at the weekend.
        If he'd won the last race he could have won his class overall but he'd have had to have roughed up another couple of guys to do it so settled for third and pulling monster wheelies....very popular with the crowd.

Pic is Greymouth street races - closed street circuit about 1 mile round.

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
          This is the current iteration of the GS1000 Post Classic (Vintage to you yanks) racebike I look after for the owner/rider.
          He arrived back in NZ on Tuesday and rode it in it's new form only on Friday - then we were off to the Greymouth street races at the weekend.
          If he'd won the last race he could have won his class overall but he'd have had to have roughed up another couple of guys to do it so settled for third and pulling monster wheelies....very popular with the crowd.

Pic is Greymouth street races - closed street circuit about 1 mile round.
          Gday Greg, is Kev going to be at the Burt this year?
          While I was on the web site I found this picture

Comment

Hi Shane - yep, coming south for the Burt again. That pic is Kev doing his thing on the FZR which has just had a freshen up.Says he couldn't look right on that straight for the flash bulbs...one handed wheelies while tooting the horn....and a mile in front.
            He's doing the hillclimb on the GS this year. Doesn't expect to win at Teretonga but should Podium in both pre 82 and pre 89. Serious about both at Wyndham though.....Wants to continue the unbeaten record in pre 89.

At Greymouth a guy on a CBR1000RR F1 bike did a wheelie 2/3 the length of the straight behind the pits....Kev took that as a challenge. He actually scattered spectators in the runoff area at the end of the straight but made the corner anyway...Says it needs air brakes or a drogue chute....

Comment

I'm coming south for the event Greg. Wont be racing but five days of riding over the Passes is just as good. I'll try to catch you at the hill climb.
              • Suzuki GS1100 for racing
              • Suzuki GS1000S for nostalgia
              • Yamaha FZR1000 for touring
              • Yamaha TR1 for a project

"to do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. Indeed, life is not measured in years alone but in achievement...." Bruce McLaren

Comment

Guest Rider

Had a bit of fun today. The Lady Wigram Trophy Revival meeting is on this weekend here. It's a big deal Historic Car race meeting with a big field of F5000 cars among other things.
                Bikes have always been part of the Lady Wigram meeting from day one in 1949...so the organisers laid on a "race" for up to Pre '89 bikes. Everything there from Girder fork bikes to an FZR1000....and our GS1000.
                As the owner was not available today the organisers asked if a guest rider could use the GS....well, free entries and a weekend pass for the works mechanic were too good to refuse.
                So here's our guest rider...Dennis Ireland - a Kiwi international who won IOM TT's and scored points in 500 GP's. Hadn't raced for 5 years and had never seen this circuit.
                Nice guy, fast, smooth, safe. Didn't stick his neck out but finished 8th overall and was 2nd pre '82 bike home behind the RG500 Mk4 which beat an FZR1000...
                Tomorrow it's the owner's turn....fireworks and wheelies..

Comment

He raced the TT for 13 years, nice…

Dennis Ireland won the 1979 Belgian GP.
                  And he raced the TT on everything he could jump on from 1976 to '89:

Greg, your bike looks worthy!

Bill
                  Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 02-11-2012, 11:29 AM.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

fourth place for the year sportsman et...

Comment

good job ! I love bracket racing

Originally posted by jfocht View Post
                      fourth place for the year sportsman et...[ATTACH]15657[/ATTACH]
                      Last edited by trippivot; 02-11-2012, 01:27 PM. Reason: put in my picture
                      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

GS 550 at Calabogie

My first post here, hope it turns out ok!

Comment

Welcome along...there's quite a few Vintage/Post Classic racers on here.

Bike looks quite typical of a lot here in NZ. Are those 18inch wheels both ends ? I've looked at your Canadian rules and they're very restrictive compared to others around the world.
                          Here the next development steps would be CR's and 17inch rims....and a braced arm. Looks like fun as is though.

Comment

Awesome 550!

Originally posted by Scamp View Post

My first post here, hope it turns out ok!
                            It's just awesome to see a GS550 race bike! RARE!
                            You make my mouth water.
                            Tell us some about your mods, please.
                            Bill
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

At Barber w/ STT. 2006 GSXR600. Now #181 as a Novice w/ WERA. Fun stuff!

Comment

This is me back in the late 80s at the Northern Nationals, Milan Michigan.

sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
                                1994 gsxr1100w
                                1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Working...
                                X