No announcement yet.

left cover plate for racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That should be enough - the idea is that it's energy absorbing rather than a skid plate...
    I've pulled plates like that off crashed bikes & found that the tube distorts and will probably touch the crank but it's absorbed enough energy that the crank isn't bent.
    When these big old girls go down they don't balance on the crank end - it's always the footpegs, motor and bars suffer on the left.

Comment

I know this thread is been static for a while but I am doing this same conversion for my gs1000. I was wondering if you WERA still have your starter clutch or what you ended up doing to start the bike? The picture is no longer active and just trying to figure out what ya did. thanks

matt

Comment

As a follow up to what has been said, the bike went down on the plate just prior to Christmas. Scarred the end cap and distorted the tube slightly but it didn't touch the crank which remains straight. Cut the end cap off, machined up a new one and rewelded....job done.

Moral - don't put the owners brother on the bike even if he is pretty good - he was running fourth in a race for pre 89 bikes which the owner was leading on his FZR600....Tried a bit hard to get round a CBR600

Comment

Working...
        X