No announcement yet.

Irish Road Racing Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll dig out some rainy races for you, Bill.
    They don't seem to back off much even when all they can see is spray.

Comment

Liegh, of course they do,it wouldn't be any fun otherwise!!!,also the Armoy circuit is quite wide in racing terms look up any onboard footage from the Bush races-now that is a tight circuit on most of it you couldn't park a rangerover across the road without being about 6 inches into the hedges on either side( that circuit is only 15 miles from me) I have been round it on my GS/GSX hybrid and never got out of 3rd gear for the 2 laps of the classic run.Johnny

Comment

I've been looking for good clips of Bush and Killalane.

All I've found is a bit of phone camera stuff with some bloke's head shoved in the way for most of it.

Comment

Amateurs have access to the tracks?

Originally posted by Johnny Drummond View Post
          Liegh, of course they do,it wouldn't be any fun otherwise!!!,also the Armoy circuit is quite wide in racing terms look up any onboard footage from the Bush races-now that is a tight circuit on most of it you couldn't park a rangerover across the road without being about 6 inches into the hedges on either side( that circuit is only 15 miles from me) I have been round it on my GS/GSX hybrid and never got out of 3rd gear for the 2 laps of the classic run.Johnny
          Hey Johnny,
          I was wondering if there was a track where beginner racers could ride and learn, and if amateurs had races days on the public road circuits?
          Seems like the clubs would only have use of the public roads for a few hours racing. And that the reason why the races are held on public roads is because there are few or no race tracks.
          Bill
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Bill,
            As far as I understand it if you want to race on roads you first get a clubmans licence and if you get a certain amount of top 10 finishes in a season, you apply for a full race licence then the give you an orange vest(like the ones you will see road construction guys wearing) turn up to practice day and go out with everyone else and that is it!!!. There are some small circuits like Kirkistown,Bishopscourt, and Nutt's Corner and one purpose built one near Dublin called Mondello Park but these are just sections of WW2 airfields modified with earth banks to mark the track, a start/finish line, a timing building and VERY basic paddock( unlike the road racing one which is just a field beside the circuit- great fun if it rains).I also have to explian that if you told a road racer to go circuit racing he would look at you as if you had suggested that he prefom an intimate act with a farm animal or his sister!,they really are 2 very different sports they both respect each other but they would never swop what they do- you choose to race on the roads it's as simple as that.hope this helps everyone out there understand a little more about racing here in Ireland.Johnny

Comment

I feel the need to revive this thread.
              If anything could wake the dead, an MV 500/3 wide open through Hillberry should do it.

Bill, move your cat out before you play this one.

Comment

Heh-heh... gave me goosebumps!

Comment

Thank's ! I needed that.

cg
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Isn't it a joyous little ball of anger and hate?

Comment

Working...
                    X