No announcement yet.

NZ Classic Motorcycle Racing Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that. You always wonder where they hide these bikes and we dont seem them till years later. Never seen that Honda RB, must be the NZ 6 hr version. And that Kat, did u notice it was the Kiwi one with big pipes and carbs. Now there the rare ones.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
      Thanks for that. You always wonder where they hide these bikes and we dont seem them till years later. Never seen that Honda RB, must be the NZ 6 hr version. And that Kat, did u notice it was the Kiwi one with big pipes and carbs. Now there the rare ones.
      Yes, I wasn't there long enough to think to ask around. It may have been Carl Coleman's one. He is Mr Katana in respect to that model and knows where they all are and more about them than anybody by all accounts. Rumour has it that he has been working with an established author to get it all into a book of some sort.
      Last edited by Guest; 02-06-2011, 05:44 AM.

Comment

What, what what…No track Babes?

Lot 'O nice bikes! My eyes hurt.
        Must have taken you all day to upload all that, thanks!
        Bill
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Amazing.
          Simply amazing.

Comment

Thanks for posting your great pics, Colin.
            That CBX with the 1100R bodywork is the same project i am 1/4 of the way finished.
            I ask the same question every time i see one...did you get to hear the Britten take a lap?
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics! Love the XR69 and the 2! SFC's.

Comment

Thats for posting that pure sexiness, Won't have guessed there were some many bad ass machines in NZ.
                78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                82 Kat 1000 Project
                05 CRF450x
                10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Thanks alot Colin! Quite a show there.

cg
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks Colin. Great pictures of wonderful bikes, and I heard that the entries were down a bit this year. They say that two of every vehicle made were sent to New Zealand. Is that Croz's XR69? I thought that he had sold it to an Australian.
                    • Suzuki GS1100 for racing
                    • Suzuki GS1000S for nostalgia
                    • Yamaha FZR1000 for touring
                    • Yamaha TR1 for a project

"to do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. Indeed, life is not measured in years alone but in achievement...." Bruce McLaren

Comment

cheers for the pics colin, the bikes are all absolute works of art, wish i'd been there.

Comment

The XR69 is sexy. Is it an original Suzuki works bike or a replica? Looks amazing!

Comment

Pretty sure that's Croz's own ex works bike pulled out of the museum where it's been sitting for years.

Comment

Wow. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks Colin . . . great mechanical eye candy. Do you take some pics of that Laverda SFC in the back?
                              1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
                              Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by srsupertrap View Post
                                Thanks Colin . . . great mechanical eye candy. Do you take some pics of that Laverda SFC in the back?
                                Sorry. That was all of them.

Thanks for the thanks everyone. Sorry but I don't know definitive answers to your various queries but the comments by others seem about right from the little I do know re the XR69.

MotoGPwerks or GregT may know for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X