My new race bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laserred97gt View Post
    I thought that bike looked familiar. Then I remembered seeing it on Craigslist.
    I never had it on Craigslist...it was on eBay, though...

Good buy! I'm sure that things a blast! What was the fastest it ever ran?
    Best with me on it was 9.06 @ 143mph...
    Not the fastest or the slowest at our tracks...middle of the pack stuff...but still very, very fun....
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

9.06 seems like a lot of fun....

i must resist another project. ive taken on 3 in 1 month.

Comment

Congrats to a successful transaction.....

Bob - what did you run on that little gold number? I thought you got a BMW not a Honda!
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          I never had it on Craigslist...it was on eBay, though...
          Must have been it then.

9.06 is haulin.

Comment

fired it up today for the first time since i got her home and man this thing sounds cool. Picked up a new 6x12 enclosed this week,got the pit scooter running today and cleaned up the dragbike,its been a good day but theres still snow on the ground so i gotta wait. I pretty much had the wife convinced that it will be safer at the track with a purpose built bike until she heard it running and proceeded to tell me she would kill me if i killed myself on it, somehow that makes sense.ordered a couple tires and picked up a new suit this week as well.$4000 for the bike$1000 to get it here $4500 for the trailer and $1000 in spares and i havent even made a pass yet, but at 43 i am finally in a position to fulfill a lifelong dream come on summer

Comment

Way to go Steve! Start looking for a stock motor to have for a spare. Trust me, sooner or later you will need it or something from it! Ray.

Comment

Very cool Steve...can't wait to hear about your first pass...

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                Way to go Steve! Start looking for a stock motor to have for a spare. Trust me, sooner or later you will need it or something from it! Ray.
                Ray is correct...watch for a parts bike or motor....the case set is the most important thing to have...
                That's why I have the 83 1100E...it was a $500 eBay special just to have a spare motor...
                With a little work, it turned out to be a decent ride...
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

have two spares just in case but dont plan on hurting this one. then again you never really plan on hurting anything do we

Comment

get a crank welded up and done NOW. a new one may last 3 laps or 5 years you just can't tell. Suzuki racers always should have a crank ready to go. The wait is over 6 weeks at the most reliable crank shops.

Valve springs should be checked for seat pressure too. just to be safe at 10K rpm.
                    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Man this is an awesome story! Steve I hope it all goes well. Any passes yet? It summer here in the states but might still be chilly to the north...

Comment

Nice, Im glad to see a ike transfer hands rather then retiring to the back of the shop. Good luck!

Comment

Nice story, you are about the same age as me.
                          I am uber jealous though, of your bike and that you have a track to run it.
                          All we have here is a crappy little 1/8th mile track.

Comment

Working...
                          X