Wheelie bars installed. No traction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chandler View Post
    nice bet you had a lot of fun with that bike 10s very quick for a stock chassis H1
    it was fun and a really strong motor, I did have a 750 swimgarm on it which added an inch or two.

Comment

Went to the track on Thursday... Ran 10.39 at 128. It sure is fun with the wheelie bars. I am getting used to the amount of thrust with the slick. After the evening was over, I realized that I was spinning in second due to too much air pressure. Next time I will adjust after the tire gets warm. I think I felt the clutch slip a little in 3rd... watching for a lock up spacer as the next purchase...
      sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

boogedy boogedy boogedy!!! WOW almost a full second faster right? that is great!!

slicks are the trick! GREAT JOB!
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

congrats isnt it cool to just let it eat right from the get go. the best way now is just watch your 60 fts you will notice once you get it close little adjustments can make big results. another trick with the tire pressure i use nitrogen in my rear slick pressures dont fluctuate with the heat .
          congrats on the quick times
          steve

Comment

I just saw this post... good idea for the pressure... I am going to go tomorrow and start lowering the pressure after it is warmed up... I don't have nitrogen available yet... Thanks
            Curt
            sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

forget nitrogen it is a waste of money unless you have a sponsor buying it for you.
              CO2 or just air is almost free and predictable- bixler is P.A.D.I. cert and he uses scuba tanks in the shifter and tyres. I use good 'ol CO2

I would suggest getting a higher quality low pressure gauge
              9psi is not always 9 psi from gauge to gauge and if you have a off gauge you might just have 11 psi in there.

if you have a pyrometer check the middle and sides adjust until to get them all the same temp. and check your specific gauge and note it in your log book

low pressure the sides are hotter
              high pressure the middle is hotter

better check it is not clutch slip bacause that little slick stays planted unless you have incredible H.P.

c ya tonight
              SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
              X