X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Bike Winner at SRT !!

saturday I got loaded up by a snowmobile, I was sleeping at the tree

BUT

Yesterday I won over Josh Bixler in the finals 14:45 / 9:08 sitting 5 seconds waiting to launch takes concentration , But we did it in hi fashion. I came up on him with over 60 MPH advantage at the 1000' mark. Caught him and dumped power just before the MPH cone.. I love it when the little yellow light comes on (win light)

There needs to be more bikes at the SRT bracket series! I just found out yesterday the top 5 points places pay a FREE pass for the whole next year!
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I wish I could of been there... Had to replace the front brakes on the Harley, tow a boat trailer to work,go for a boat ride on the Chain, and take my boat for a cruise on Bangs lake. I am hoping to go this Wed. or Thursday. Sounds like you have that motor right where you want it...
      Curt
      sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

not this thursday but next and every other thursday is a bike and slick open all run bracket race for thursday points and winner of that gets a free pass for next year too.

box,slick anything - everything is legal

all weekend I was in a 0.030 window

9:08 ~ 9:11 every clean pass. Working on reaction time. I feel naked without my delay box.

Comment

The gang has decided to go Tomorrow... I hope to get my toes off the ground... See you next thursday maybe...

Comment

For all the local guys, Trip and myself are going to Great Lakes Dragaway on Sunday the 15th. Its gonna be hot and sticky. They are also having Import Wars the same day so there will be a lot aof screaming 4 bangers running 12,000 rpm... If you are at the track, come by and say Hi...
            Curt
            P.S.
            Trips bike is a yellow 10 inch slick eating monster. mine is a dark red ES

Comment

red truck and black enclosed trailer

it's only a 9 incher -- 90's prostock size that is hard to find

I think my odeyssey battery went south after 7 duty cycles.. but we'll have back up batteries for testing electronics / jetting/ gearing - again.

I made it into National Dragster for my win on 5-26-11 ! I love to see my name in print

maybe we should start a "WINNING!" thread

Comment

Went to the track and met Trippivot. I ran 10.59,10.59,10.66 with 92 degrees and 95 humidity... Trip ran 9.24,9.22 at 144 mph... I am done going slow. Time to test compression and check valve springs... And find the pesky oil leak...
                Curt

Comment

Looking Good Curt!! Your 2 exact passes were only 2 or 3 one-thousandths different at all timing stages. !WOW! double !WOW!

AND you have stock controls in stock positions. Throwing a lever and foot shifting!?! Great Job.

I completly forgot about my video camera - dealing with electrical problems on the bike. Can you believe a 3 Y.O. YB14LA2 cured everything that was malfunctioning? That ODYSSEY Battery was a waste of money and time - JUNK after 7 duty cycles.. It dives to 10.5 D.C.V. during the 3rd gear burnout , and at redline shift points. The pimple face kid at batteries plus assures me it is perfect and store policy prevents him from taking any action to exchange/refund/ help - worthless 2 year warranty - never again

I'll be ordering a orange metal jacket unit from F.B.G. like I should have from the beginning.

c-ya in the lanes.

Comment

Thanks Trip... I think its time for more power! I will be talking to you about a comp. test and leakdown. One last thing, you need to buy a dyno so we can tune this dog up right... Thanks and how did you find that picture? I went to the website, but could not find it...
                    Curt
                    Last edited by bellucci; 07-20-2011, 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

union grove thread

SRT points today and tomorrow GS'ers are welcome in our pits. we have some shade but no spare chairs.

qualifying runs at 16:00 7-23-11

q starts at 10:30 7-24-11

4oresphotos.com you are on the 1st page under 7-17-11. He didn't take one of me that day.

Comment

Work today... Family waterskiing and barbecue on Sunday...
                        Curt

Comment

Are you Great Lakes Dragaway guys going to race at Saturday's Fun Fest ?
                          Don't know if I can make it at this point, I have several conflicts but I would love to see some video of it like the stuff earlier in this thread.
                          Hopefully I'll make it up there some on weeknights after Labor Day. I hope I get the chance to see you then.

Comment

I've got a feeling it is going to be a great day. Larry's fun fest is a great atmosphere. $20 bucks to watch

I have a couple things to fix before I race again - slider clutch has some centrifugal wear. the 6 mm studs have bent outwards from the center. I'm upgrading to 8mm and need to clearance the cover and inner hub.

I'll be at SRT points 8- 27/28-11

might be there Thursday 8-25-11

if you are there I'll let you operate my video camera, 1 more person would be a blessing. My 1 pit helper and I are 100% busy with the bike and we don't run video as much as we would like to.

Comment

I am hoping to be ready for the 25th also... I have starter clutch issues again... I am really thinking about welding it solid to the flywheel... I have used all the right bolts, have the starter switch rewired, and I am still breaking all three bolts... I might have to buy a new starter clutch.

Comment

Hi guys,
                                Don`t race but would love to come out and enjoy some time with some fellow gs`rs. can you reply? I`m in Kenosha.
                                sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
                                1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Working...
                                X